Peak District Autumn Action, Sun 7th Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Yeah, I think five must be a record for an Area Meet!

Lovely day, great weather (for October), a great run, good lunch, excellent iced cream, even though I was a bit worried that the first batch Julie took us to was so fresh, it was still walking about and moo-ing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

nice photos thanks john

rang Jacky in Blackpool she could not speak at the attendance this afternoon at the pub

I think she could not speak after a weekend on the girls weekend has she would have been wrecked 

• Haha 1

It's a pity we missed the main (great) run, but our solo drive over the Snake was a good shake down after a new starter motor (three weeks to sort that one out) new timing belt and a new battery ( only purchased at 4.30 last night). So it was this morning before the battery was secured and the nose cone back on, oh well it keeps me out of mischief :o

well done @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO For getting such a great turn out when most Westy folks are hibernating their cars :t-up:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yeah, I think five must be a record for an Area Meet!

Lovely day, great weather (for October), a great run, good lunch, excellent iced cream, even though I was a bit worried that the first batch Julie took us to was so fresh, it was still walking about and moo-ing!

:d

We have had 4 S2000's before, with yourself Ian, Dave, Andy Sycho and Stu Finkangel on a run out after the Curborough breakfast meet. So, yes, it is a record.

It's been niggling me how the road was closed so I have googled it and found out the rules. The road along the reservoir is always closed from April to the end of October at weekends. The photo that I had taken was in February, meaning the road was open. It is closed to give cyclists and walkers a traffic free area in the busy summer months. 3 weeks and we can return for the photo's then, bring the Alfa @NigelO if you are SORN.

And a great big thank you to everyone, other peoples photos are always great because everyone has a different view of the day. You are in trouble though @AndrewBClarke for the cake photo :d

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone for making this a great day out. It was great see old (pardon the pun) and new faces. My word it was cold on the run down to Matlock but it soon warmed up and we were treated to some spectacular roads on the run over to Ladybower. Thanks @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO for organising another cracker :yes:

• Like 5

Yep brilliant to see so many, and so many new faces, especially so late in the year!

1 hour ago, BillyPee said:

Thanks everyone for making this a great day out. It was great see old (pardon the pun) and new faces. My word it was cold on the run down to Matlock but it soon warmed up and we were treated to some spectacular roads on the run over to Ladybower. Thanks @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO for organising another cracker :yes:

Did anyone get a photo of Julie's secret hot water bottle and blanket :p oops.

Come on Bill man up you're from the north, act like one and get some shorts :d

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

.You are in trouble though @AndrewBClarke for the cake photo :d

The camera never lies........:bc: