Peak District Autumn Action, Sun 7th Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

1 hour ago, 4 WAK said:

getting very child like excited and anticipation for the car to work well tomorrow

don't fancy a 4 hr wait for breakdown company to get home if it all goes south 

it looks now a good day  tomorrow,  the rain this morning and last night was proper bad at Lincolnshire where I stopped  has a sad person with my dog all alone

hope to meet you all tomorrow and Glyn to share sum banter has I only see him every time    Pluto and mars are in front of the earth thanks john

Weather looking good so we will see you tomorrow.  P.S hope have a desert planned. This one I've just devoured 

20181006_194159.jpg

• Haha 1

@Paul Hurdsfield we are going to be NEAR  Fairholmes car park, S33 0AQ. Coming from the Snake Pass turn left into the Derwent valley before the reservoir, go all the way down the side of the res (it is on your right), at the small roundabout stay left/straight on - don't turn right into Fairholmes Car Park - up the hill on your right you will come to the turrets at the dam wall in my photo, wait there for us.

@Andy Westwood I think we might just fit a dessert in along the way

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary I will bring the rear wing, now the cobwebs have been removed

• Like 1

I know where you mean Julie, we are not 100% yet so if we are not there don't wait for us.

ive just got to make a new battery retaining strap and put the nosecone back on (long story)  then there's the grandkids to deal with, but hopefully we will be there.:yes::yellow-westy:

• Like 1

Going to have to give it a miss today 

• Sad 1

Gp watched, well done Lewis. Car back together, all seems well, see you all at 12, it's been a busy morning........:d

oh btw we won't be joining you for lunch:filfan:

• Like 1

great to meet you all especially the old man I gave him a chocolate to keep him quiet of a few bad jokes he tried

got home ok and car worked well

hope everyone got home safely

will there b some pictures Julie 

thanks john ------ minus jacky

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great day out. Safely home and thanks for good company.

Sorry if Bill is upset as he's not the only one with a roadkill t shirt. If you ring me before the next meeting we can check our wardrobes.......:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some stunning Westfield's out today, and they all bought their lovely owners with them, I am gobsmacked at a 13 car turn out, plus Andrew and Clare in the Range Rover and his brother in his new Crossfire.

We met at Sainsburys and after long journeys for most I think it's fair to say everybody was freezing. Scott and Charlie, Andy, Dave, Jon and son, Nigel and Lee, Andy and Sue, Bill, Luke and friend, Mark and Sara. DSC06228.JPG

Ladybower 5.jpg

We took the back roads to Ladybower, stopping for a wee on the way

DSC06232.JPG

Never a journey goes by without throwing a challenge up. We got to Ladybower, Paul Hurdsfield was waiting for us, and the road was shut. So that was the photo shoot kippered then, we parked on the double yellows for a photo and a bit of a tyre kick while we caught up with Paul's news. We were booked in for lunch at 1pm and we were now early - never been known in a Westfield that takes 15 minutes just to get in and out of with all these clothes on.

These are the photo's anyway, please excuse the bus stop. Note the reservoir is still empty, the brown bit should be water.

DSC06235.JPGLadybower 1.jpg

DSC06234.JPG

11 cars falls back down to 10 cars as Paul leaves, until we see Ian coming towards us, and John is waiting for us at The Travellers Rest.

Ian and Charlotte the mini cake muncherDSC06236.JPG

Michael and Marie looking very smart join us in the new Crossfire. Last time we saw Michael he took us all in his aeroplane that he had built from a kit, now that is impressive don't ya think?

DSC06238.JPG

At The Travellers Rest

DSC06241.JPG

Bagpuss came too

DSC06248.JPG

Nosebags on everybody. Having booked a table for 24 we were allocated our own area of the pub, and the radiators were red hot.

DSC06249.JPG

DSC06250.JPG

DSC06251.JPG

DSC06252.JPG

DSC06253.JPG

As we set off again the next challenge thrown up was the herd of cows coming towards us, rather a bit too close for comfort, it did make for a good photo opportunity though. 

DSC06258.JPG

Very slowly we drove along the cow patted section of road and arrived at Tagg Lane Ice Cream Farm. I knew we wouldn't get a seat inside, so we sat outside and ate ice cream, not for me that one, I had cake, it's warmer.

Not a very photogenic car park at Tagg Lane Dairy

DSC06260.JPG

Then we all scattered on the long journey home, thank you to everyone that made such great effort to brave the cold today, I hope you have enjoyed the empty b roads of the beautiful Peak District, please come again. I hope all is ok at home AndyR and ruddy Ali and Gail - sober up next time:p

DSC06263.JPG

DSC06264.JPG

DSC06265.JPG

• Like 7

Thank you Julie for organising a great run out 

Good to meet everyone.

Our first run out, but will not be our last 

Mark and Sara

IMG_20181007_140949924.jpg

• Like 5

Here’s a few pics from Charlotte. Shame we missed the Dam photo opportunity but still a great day out. Thanks @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO

FFB55030-C910-400F-8544-6BD15FF10879.jpeg

C186E26A-72AE-44AF-AB32-97C7F0278C49.jpeg

4E99B4EB-6F64-4710-824D-9421A917A508.jpeg

7A6DFBC8-F5DC-49BA-91AA-953E4B35EE5D.jpeg

634AD76E-B52A-4EB2-A96B-4016A68624E3.jpeg

7475F20C-3EE5-46ED-9D7D-4B5E536AD64A.jpeg

5 S2000’s is that a Peak record?

• Like 4

On 06/10/2018 at 18:22, 4 WAK said:

getting very child like excited and anticipation for the car to work well tomorrow

don't fancy a 4 hr wait for breakdown company to get home if it all goes south 

it looks now a good day  tomorrow,  the rain this morning and last night was proper bad at Lincolnshire where I stopped  has a sad person with my dog all alone

hope to meet you all tomorrow and Glyn to share sum banter has I only see him every time    Pluto and mars are in front of the earth thanks john

Thank you Julie for a great drive out with great cars,company, food and spectacular views. We had lovely time thanks again. 

20181007_122515.jpg

• Like 3