Washing/cleaning. Waterless wash?

Skypeller

Hi all,

wondering what your most preferred method of cleaning the car after a run or after accumulating flies, greasy finger marks and dust etc?

obviously not being a regular water tight car I tend to avoid hosing down, I’ve done it once as a one off, full on engine clean down and hose off all panels, wheels etc, 

do any of you use waterless wash? The concept is frightening, wiping dust across the gelcoat but maybe it acts differently to paint reguarding scratches etc? 

Ive just been using a damp microfibre and some post wash quick detailer to be honest and looks good! Bare in mind my dailies are mint and always immaculate and washed once a week or once in two weeks if barely used for whatever reason. 

I’d like to hear your method. :) 

I’ve just received some of that “pride & joy” Westfield endorsed polish but haven’t used it yet because i’ll Probably need to wash her off with 2 buckets (one clean water one suds water) I imagine 

Uh oh, you do realise there are some total obsessives on here, right? As well as others that are deeply allergic to cleaning..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I keep mine quite clean so normally a 5minute once over with a plant sprayer filled with water and then a wipe down with a microfibre towel is enough to clean it.  About once a year it also gets a good polish and wax.  

I had some of the pride and joy stuff and actually found it very good for the money.

i've used the waterless wash and whilst they initially clean the car quite well they leave an oily residue that seems to attract the dust so the car gets dirty again alot quicker.

• Thanks 1

Park it....till it gets quite dirty then wash it like a normal car. 

If your car's too mint you end up feeling bad when it does get a scratch or a new dandelion thingy pops up in your gel coat.  

• Like 1

I use Optimum no rinse , Garry Dean method (guides on YouTube) great product quick easy and safe (doesn’t scratch paint/gelcoat)

• Like 1

I just use a hose but with the tap only turned on a little to reduce the flow then a bucket and sponge with normal car shampoo followed by a quick dry with a microfiber . Then if I feel like it a quick wax or polish . I find for scratches old fashioned t-cut works well . 

• Like 1

I rarely wash my car with water. If it's filthy and gritty I'll use water but 95% of the time I use Griot's Garage Speed Shine. I've found it to work very well and leaves no scratches on the surface....and it smells nice! It might be worth a try.

dave

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/speed+shine.do?code=PPCPLG&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrszdBRDWARIsAEEYhrczBDD7GdCES-SNuZcLvvVDmUGIc9JqWTBQm-f0lRRaY1CLnvDiCo8aAgw-EALw_wcB

Williams waterless wash and wax for me, or almost as good Wilko lazy wax. Either way make sure you change the cloths regularly to separate the cleaning from the polishing.

Gary

I’ve got myself a water spray bottle (an old alloy wheel cleaner bottle) and some turtle wax waterless pro 

seems really decent, yeah I regularly was my microfibre cloths and drying towels :)