[Done] Proper Old School Westfield

nice_guy

Hi,

As started  here, I'm looking for an old school Westfield. So we're talking about a good' old' no frills prelit / SE, maybe early SEw/SEiw

I'm located in france, and importing a car is a bit of a challenge, hence some of the specs/paperwork are mandatory for registering as an oldtimer.

Needed specifications :

• 1989 or earlier registered as a westfield, on a Q plate (age-related plate does not, alas, work for this mandatory requirement).
  • Flared / clamshell wings.
  • Period-related powertrain. (crossflow being most probable engine)
  • Twin carbs.
  • Analog clocks. (Lots of).
  • Running. (needs to make it home)

Things I would like

• Located rather in southern parts of the country would help.
  • Green or any dark color would be nice.
  • I like Minilite-looking or steel rims.
  • 5 speed gearbox would be fitting.
  • Benchy flatty seats would make cramming my 6' (all legs) less a challenge.
  • Sidescreens and wet weather gear would be a plus, I hear rain happens.
  • No holes for letting air filters through the bonnet.
  • I tend to prefer GRP over shiny alloy for the bodywork.

If you are short on nightmare material I can elaborate on the legal requirements.

Thanks a lot !

• Like 2

You will be lucky to fit 6’ in a pre-lit. 

I was originally after one myself and had to settle for a wide as my knees wouldn’t allow me to turn the steering wheel. 

I remember being able to operate an old s3 caterham (static test) without much trouble, I believe the dimensions would be the same ballpark for a prelit. 

Registration year has in my case way more impact than the flavor (prelit/SE/SEw, SEiW). 

Oh, dear, it's like a bottle of wine, all I care about is vintage year.

Given my taste for painted GRP  a SE would probably be the best bet (like this one, alas already gone) but I would feel bad to close this option as the legal requirements narrow the scope quite significantly...

If I'm able to operate it, I'll probably find a way thanks to upholstery, quick release boss, D shaped wheel, lowered floors or angle-grinding the pedal box forward to make myself comfortable... or I'll get used to it...

• 3 weeks later...

We don't live that far apart, I'm in Vitry sur Seine. I have a 1989 prelit (so narrow), I'm 6'2" and fit no problem ... just busy changing my headlights, getting km/h clocks, mirrors on both sides, swapping the fog light over, etc. to get ready for French registration

• 1 month later...

If you are still looking I know of a possible Sei car , crossflow on a q plate , he also has a C20XE engined car too although not sure on age of that one . Not sure on date registered probably would be 88 or 89 . Chassis is the best I have seen on a car of that age , in good mechanical condition  . Let me know if of interest and I will pass on the owners details .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JulianE said:

Let me know if of interest and I will pass on the owners details .

PM sent, and many thanks JulianE !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.