Not as light as I thought...

NigelO

Nope. :o :laugh:

Mine in full touring mode with weather gear, spare wheel, jack, tool kit, good selection of spares plus a few cleaning bits and bobs is somewhere around the 720 kg mark, and I know mine isn’t the heaviest, either!

For what its worth, these are the corner weights, with me on board

Fr L - 161kg

Fr R - 154kg

R L - 172kg

R R - 202.5kg

Total = 689.5kg

Seems someone's maths is a bit off, as the sheet from ProComp mentions 696 in total. Taking my 81.5 off the total means I'm now at 608kg. Damn - I need to do something to save 9kg...

I've just bought a carbon rear bulkhead panel, which I was going to put over the aluminium panel, but now I think I might look at removing the existing panel. Carbon cycle wings will save another 5kg or so, I reckon.

Damn, this is flippin' addictive

Cycle wings are light, less than a kilo each.

Carbon panels approx half the weight of alloy for the same thickness.

29 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Alloy bellhousing and 3kg flywheel. Will cost you about £50 per kilo saved :d

Already done by the original builder

Here's something to aim for. Hillclimb car, XE, 4 speed sequential, full cage, on crossply slicks, not road legal. (so no lights etc). All fluids, ready to go.

2018-03-23 14.43.07.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crash test dummy said:

It's an SEiW. CEC wide mouth chassis.

WOW.

My SEiW with XE, fully stripped down, without passenger seat nor extinguisher, and all the carbon available, was 570...

Cant beleave there is 100 Kg on a set of crossply Vs toyos and 4 lights with the cables.

Awesome.

On 26/09/2018 at 08:09, Crash test dummy said:

Here's something to aim for. Hillclimb car, XE, 4 speed sequential, full cage, on crossply slicks, not road legal. (so no lights etc). All fluids, ready to go.

2018-03-23 14.43.07.jpg

Ali block? Force wheels? All carbon panels?English diff? Carbon exhaust can? And a very careful build to achieve that very impressive figure!

Makes my 500kg CEC with a cage look heavy and that's a sequential 5 speed and a 1600 x16xe

9 hours ago, Paul Aspden said:

Ali block? Force wheels? All carbon panels?English diff? Carbon exhaust can? And a very careful build to achieve that very impressive figure!

Makes my 500kg CEC with a cage look heavy and that's a sequential 5 speed and a 1600 x16xe

Iron block, Force wheels, carbon panels, Sierra diff, big silencer (carbon can is on the list).

Clean sheet of paper build from the ground up.