Seven 7 grill for Westfields ?

Skypeller

Hi 

what are your thoughts on a 7 caterham style grill? 

Im very tempted by a subtle black powder coated grill. But not entirely certain. I don’t really care if people think it’s ripping off a caterham 7 because it’s a LOTUS 7 shape car after all. 

Does anybody have one and if so which one did they get and how well does it fit etc

I think the Seven grils  look great on a Caterham, or on one of the Caterham/Lotus clones. But on variants that have had significant effort and cost, by the manufacturer, put into making the cars look “their own” within the overal format, they don’t just look wrong to me, but always seem faintly insulting to the marque.

FWIW, if you like the general style, but aren’t hung up on the Seven logo, then you can get a conversion on eBay, normally, that has the Westfield Sunburst logo in place of the Seven.

Its your own car to stamp want of personality you want onto, at the end of the day though. So if it’s Seven grils, Lotus badges etc. that make you happy, then go for it. But do expect a bit of mickey taking from other enthusiasts of all the different Seven inspired Marques.

• Thanks 1

Indeed, the 7 logo might suit a pre-lit, which is after all a “Westfield 7” - but I prefer the look of my car to a Caterham anyway, so putting a 7 on it just wouldn’t look right to me at all.

But it’s all about personal choice- and let’s face it, our cars get personalised way more than Caterhams ever do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fair enough, I can see what you mean. I think i’ll Happily spend my £77 on something else, like put it towards my half hood.

I’ve changed my ball joint(split boot), upgraded my horns to FIAM and fitted the little lead/plug for my trickle charge yesterday, even got time to polish the daily!! I’m really getting there now, just want to change my Cambelt kit but I want a whole day where I’m undestracted, if I finish it in 2-3 hours then I can spend the rest of the day testing her then.

had the bema 7 years its a 3.0 manual, still holds it own these days but I cannot decide for the life of me what would replace it without spending near to £15k-20k to truly better it! I did have a 130i m sport but it wasn’t much faster and was UGLY so it went and this stayed. 

Considering golf R- golf gti - but oddly most tempting is the little fiesta ST’s... I just know the boy racer attention would frustrate me- had a couple of the focus st’s with the t5 engine and they were great fun. 

B4E26ACA-38EF-4601-8840-B30F495F753D.jpeg

0F0EECAB-CBD0-470B-B364-FD42D4FBFC6A.jpeg

7F394116-B102-4B9E-8110-EC09A17E0308.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I like the 7 logo.

But not on a Westfield - it seems a bit “not quite right”. 

Agree.

Bit like sticking an MX5 badge on an MR2...why would you do it?

I've got a metal 7 logo if you want it? It's just sat in the loft. buy me a beer and I'll stick it in the post.

Geoff

• Like 1

Yup, but colours are rather a different matter! You could paint a Relian Robin in Rosso Corsa, or whatever the current Ferrari red is, but no ones going to assume it’s trying to be something it isn’t!

(and this from me, who has just fitted a Caterham billet keyfob in place of my old breaking up plastic one, on the ignition key. The Seven logo on that is only just smaller than the one on the grill :o but I’ve not found anyone other than Caterham doing anything similar, that would fit.)

Haha yes I’m going to stick to subtle 7 bits like my hoot case on the roll bar. I wouldn’t let an m badge go near the bootlid of my bmw.... cringe at those unless they’re meant to be there ie m135 m240 m3 m5 etc 

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yup, but colours are rather a different matter! You could paint a Relian Robin in Rosso Corsa, or whatever the current Ferrari red is, but no ones going to assume it’s trying to be something it isn’t!

There's a red Peugeot 206cc near to me that has Ferrari badge on the grill and shields on the wings. I haveto look twice everytime I see it just to make sure it's not a new model from Italy. 

• Haha 2