help on exporting a road car to germany

Barnsley John

I everyone I have recently  purchased a Westfield  from Andrew a toybox and will be picking it up in next few weeks has I have no room until the road car goes 

I have took a large deposit  my Honda s2000 road car  sent from a guy in Germany he has  spoken to me and swapped relevant paper work

he has booked a flight next week to east midlands and sent me a copy of the tickets.  the Honda I am selling has a full mot taxed and insured by me  and  this of course he could not yours my docs ie tax and insurance only mot to get back to germany

he wants to drive it back has he would not trust shipping has the car is expensive and mint condition 

I know this is not my problem but I am trying to help the guy to get the car back to Germany there does not seem to be much info on the web

but I believe on the info I have read up till now 

he must insure the car in Germany and get some plates to drive the car back, he seems to be struggling at this point on where to get this info from before he flies over

can anyone help 

I hope this post is in the correct part of the forum sorry if not thanks john

From your side you only fill in the permanently exporting part of the V5, he needs to find out from his end what he needs

yes I understand that  I am just trying to help him I know its his problem but I have now taken the car off the auto trader and piston heads with the deposit he paid and just want the car gone  thanks john

Sorry John not trying to be negativehave you tried googling 

https://www.howtogermany.com/pages/import-car.html

In the instance that you have a UK-registered vehicle that you want to take out of the country for 12 months or longer (sometimes referred to as a permanent export) you will need to complete these 3 stages:

1. Inform the DVLA by completing the V5C/4 section of your V5C registration certificate. This section will have the heading "Notification of permanent export" and the V5C is sometimes called the logbook
  2. Then you will need to send the V5C to:
    DVLA
    Swansea
    SA99 1BD
  3. Keep hold of the rest of your V5C in case you need it to register your vehicle abroad.

If you don't have your V5C you will need to get one by completing a V62 form. When you have filled in the form, the address you need to send it to can be found on the form.

You'll need to obtain a V561 certificate of permanent export if you have already left the UK. You can get one of these by getting and completing a V756 form.

If you have a vehicle with a personalised registration plate, you will need to either transfer or retain it before you begin the process of exporting your vehicle or you will lose your right to the registration number.

thank you for the comments 

1     I have a personal number plates but I do not want it

if I sell he car can he  can keep them  without any problems

I know I have to sent a export part of v5c  to dvla plus a letter with circumstances 

the guy would then drive to the border and take it back home as long as he has insurance and ? number plates to export?????

also what about the tax on uk roads thanks john

I recently sold one of my kit cars to a buyer in Austria,

He waited until the funds were showing in my account before collection so I was happy to give him a scanned copy of my V5 so he could arrange his insurance prior to collection day. I kept the portion of the V5 that you use for permanent export, he kept the rest to register it in Austria. The car had an MOT and road tax so was OK to drive to Dover, The next day I declared it SORN to get a tax refund and lastly sent the V5 off. The number plates stayed on the car for his journey.

All in all a trouble free process.

Hi I sold my last 7 to a guy from prague, he arranged insurance in Prague on the uk number plate, once home he then had to test and register the car there , (his problem) As a token of faith I left the road tax running until he reached the ferry then cancelled it , I also had a document / bill of sale drawn up stating that as he was driving it on UK roads that from the time of collection  he was liable for any road traffic infringements, I also filled in the permanently exporting form dated on the day of collection and enclosed his name and address,

I had this drawn up in chezch as well as english all copies were signed and witnessed by a 3rd party and off he went north of scotland to prague in 3 days

re number plate its not a problem as he has to insure the car on the plate that its sold with this then confirms the cars identity and insurance status in uk, france, germany on any NPR cameras, once back in germany he will have to go through his own government department to check the car and issue a german plate at which point he will simply dispose of the old ones

hth

Not wishing to ‘rain on your parade’ I doubt he’ll get the car registered in Germany as it is. I suggest he contracts Westfield’s German agent. I recall the sport 250 required some work to get through the emission requirements and that’s on a Ford ECU. The S2000 is on an Omex motorsport ECU which doesn’t have ODB etc which will be required from memory.

I'm in the process of exporting my son's Z4M Coupé to Australia. It had to be cleaned to the satisfaction of the AQIS biosecurity inspectors - time will tell whether it will pass muster. They are so fussy that you must empty the screen washer bottle, pressure wash the tyres and wheel arches/underside, and if it has wheel spacers they will not certify it for road use. The arcane requirements are to be seen to be believed. The image of Australia as a happy-go-lucky 'G'Day mate!' country evaporates when you meet their bureaucrats who would make even the French look laid back!

1 minute ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Not wishing to ‘rain on your parade’ I doubt he’ll get the car registered in Germany as it is. I suggest he contracts Westfield’s German agent. I recall the sport 250 required some work to get through the emission requirements and that’s on a Ford ECU. The S2000 is on an Omex motorsport ECU which doesn’t have ODB etc which will be required from memory.

I presume it is a Honda S2000 road car not a Westfield S2000?

Just now, Andy (Sycho) said:

I presume it is a Honda S2000 road car not a Westfield S2000?

Oops- good spot Andy:)