Should I sell my Seight

andy665

Just wondering if its end of Summer blues

Had my Seight for 18 months, its an awesome car that attracts lots of attention, does not need anything doing to it and has seen me take a great base car and sort out the little things that I felt needed doing to it to make it "mine"

Perhaps that's the problem - I feel like its job done and all that's left is to drive it and enjoy it

Tend to get itchy feet at about 2 years into ownership and always vowed I would not be the same with this but here I am pondering on whether to sell it or not

Its been used regularly this year and never fails to put a smile on my face and have no idea what (if anything) would replace it - just feel like I need another project rather than a completed project

Definitely not you will only regret it unless you can replace with something more , not many cars could give you more ... well maybe a roof ! 

Circumstances meant one of my cars had to go , miss mine , hopefully next year will get another !

Maybe ask yourself what would replace it?

I sold a car I'd put about 10 years of effort into, for a bad reason. I've forced myself not to regret it, but it's been tricky at times.

i know so many that have done the same and regretted it almost immediately. though obviously, plenty do just move on as well.

7 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

I know there are some v8 owners who have changed to a 2l four pot and found them much better. 

If anything the V8 is the reason I still have it - its such a hooligan car if you want it to be but also a really relaxed tourer. Having a petrolhead wife and son means its becoming increasingly difficult to keep them both happy - they both want to be the passenger.

Perhaps the fact my son is getting a little older (11) suggests I should keep hold of it as he will soon not want to be doing stuff with "dad" to the same extent that he has done up to now 

1 hour ago, andy665 said:

Perhaps the fact my son is getting a little older (11) suggests I should keep hold of it as he will soon not want to be doing stuff with "dad" to the same extent that he has done up to now 

I wouldn't count on it - my sons are 27 and 30 and both jump at the chance for a trip out in my Westie. Think about it - another six years and he'll be wanting you to teach him how to drive it....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BugMan said:

Dad and Son time, can't beat that

This for me.... Cant wait to take my son out in it..

• Like 1

I'm 31, and my younger brother is 28. We've loved the last two years building the Westfield with Dad, and now love driving about in in. I didn't exactly need an excuse to visit the parents, but its a great reason to head over every few weeks!

• Like 2

I totally regret selling my SEW a few months ago, at my age 70 plus I felt that I needed some comfort. I bought a Z3 which is a nice car to drive but it is what its meant to be, a roadster.

I miss the sheer driveability of the Westfield and the light weight which enables you to throw it around. I also miss annoying the Audi at roundabouts  who drive very close behind  and I can blow them away on the exit. 

I was seriously looking at a Striker with a bike engine on eBay but can I justify three cars?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BugMan said:

Dad and Son time, can't beat that

We have had some great times in it and he has said that he needs me to keep it until he is able to drive it - I jokingly told him ages ago that he could have it when he was 18 - seems like he took me seriously