Westfield MegaS2000- Omex ECU serial data enable request

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Westfield MegaS2000- Omex ECU serial data enable request  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been trying to convince Omex without success so far, to enable the serial data port on our 630 ECU, which will then enable those of us with a Dash2 to display ECU parameters on the dash. This would also mean I can loose one of my 3 water temperature probes!  It's not so much that they don't wish to do it, it's just they would need to test it etc and the more of us that require this may help my cause!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Added my vote for this.

• Like 1

i have an Omex 600 ECU. Does that have the capability for serial port access? i was wondering this the other day before i start looking at new dash's

• Like 1

Yes, I believe so, unless it’s a really old one?

The current 600 and 710 are both listed as having serial data outputs. Depending on ECU, you may find this is out of the RS232 serial port, or better still, may be available on a “permanent” connection, via Can Bus from the ecu.

I say better still, as the only problem with using the serial port, is that when mapping the ECU, you have a laptop plugged in here, so the dash is disconnected.

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry folks, no reply from Omex on this topic yet. I've just chased and will update if/when I get a reply.

53 minutes ago, Terryathome said:

Are you pushing it up hill or do we stand a chance?

I'm an eternal optimist but also a realist! They've not fixed the throttle sticking issue yet, hence I know where their focus is.

I was hoping that the fact that 14 customers want this, we'd have a better chance!

• Like 1

As above, it won’t be number one on the priority list. however, they have previously lived up to promises of modifying the software on the ecu, just for us Westfield owners, so there is precedence.

Still not had an e-mail reply, but discussed it with Omex yesterday when I called to progress work on the sticky throttle issue. 

I'm disappointing to report that they are still unwilling to advise if or when they will start work on this whilst they have the sticky throttle issue.

I can only suggest more of us pester Omex directly, to try to gain interest!

• Sad 1