Wirrai N/Wales. The Flying Scotsman.

jeff the joiner

The Flying Scotsman steam train will be travelling through our area this Saturday 22 September, it is expected to leave Crewe at 10am and head to Chester, from there it will head up the coast though Prestatyn, Colwyn Bay, before stopping at Llandudno Junction for water. From there it will head to Holyhead on Angesey stopping for about three hours,  then return back to Chester onto Crewe. I'd like to try and get some photos of some Westfields cars with the train in the back ground. I will be heading to Beeston for 9-30 that morning  then when its  gone past I hope to travel to Moston Docks CW6 9NJ and get there before it gone through the docks. Anybody interested to meet up at Beeston or Moston please let me know.

Jeff

It’s a race between Jeff and the Flying Scotsman between Beeston and Mostyn.

I’ll be there just to see that.

• Haha 2

There a couple of places near the bridge and one at the the back of the castle, but it depends on how many more people have the same idea  

If it's travelling at line speed threw Beeston you will have to be quick with the camera! :)

Knowing how many people were out last time it was in the area travelling between Crewe and Shrewsbury space to view it will be at a premium, never mind space enough to get the Westfields in a pic with it ???

Good luck though,look forward to the pics:cool:

Fantastic photo's, well done. I have pics of my Westfield and I have pics of the Flying Scotsman, but never have I been lucky enough to get them both in the same shot.

The Flying Scotsman is coming near the A1 at Tuxford on Sat 13th October and it was during my search for that information that I found the windmill where we photographed our cars yesterday. 

Isn't it amazing that there are empty car parking spots next to your cars? you would think it would be busy.

I went to see it at Chester station but it went through 7 minutes early, didn't whistle, just coasted through as quiet as can be. Most people missed it!!!! 

2 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Isn't it amazing that there are empty car parking spots next to your cars? you would think it would be busy

We did have to ask someone if they would mind moving their tall vehicle out of the way, which they kindly did, but we were glad that the bread delivery van didn't pull onto the car park just as the Flying Scotsman was going past.

Jeff   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellow perilous said:

I went to see it at Chester station but it went through 7 minutes early, didn't whistle, just coasted through as quiet as can be. Most people missed it!!!! 

Mike what time did it go through Chester? we got to Mostyn Docks about 11-50  and waited till about 12-15 but I think it had already gone through.

Jeff