GBS Cars and Coffee, Ollerton, Notts, Sat 22nd Sept

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

As usual, meet at McDonalds, Ollerton, NG22 9DT 9.30am, Saturday 22nd September for the short drive to the GBS factory, or meet us there at 10am. Lashings of free tea, coffee, cake and biscuits are on offer by the factory for a small donation to charity, normally the air ambulance. There are lots of interesting cars and people kicking around to have a look at and chat to.

Afterwards, if anyone has the time, we will be going for lunch at an interesting new venue, only a few miles away, I expect to go there about 11/11.30am. The weather is forecast good at the moment, but should that change check this page to see if we are still going before you set off.

Just a side note, if it is your impending 50th birthday you might be expected to wear old granny's clothes, complete with nail varnish and pop socks, it's not compulsory though :d:p:db-westy:

Anyone joining us for fun, frolics and cake?

• Haha 1

Have a fab day. Can’t make this one, sorry. I nominate @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO to eat my slice of cake and Charlotte’s too. 

:white-westy:

Sorry Julie, we can't make it as we are in Whitby until Sunday. Have a great day and you can eat our share of cake too :d

• Haha 1

It's a good job that PaulVX is coming then or we would have a lot of cake to get through on our own. I might be able to manage it though, just:d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry, can’t make this one either, I’m afraid. :(

Sorry,  more university open days visits for me.

Have  a good day

Well, the latest forecast is looking better for this. Might just possibly come over to join you, but in light of other commitments dont wait for me. Either I make it or I don't. If I do, it'll probably be to meet you at GBS cars.

Edited to add: Just had a look at this on Google maps. Its over an hour and a half, each way, and that's the quickest route using a bit of the M1, so I think I'll pass on this one. Sorry. Maybe see some of you at Curborough the following weekend? If its nice I'll go in the XI, and if it isn't looking so good I'll go in something with a roof on!

Looks like a fun day out but unfortunately I am taking the Westy for MOT this morning so cannot make it. Hope the weather stays dry for everyone.

• Like 1

@aeg I apologise, your Rebecca loves windmills and you were working today and missed this, sorry xxxx, beg, beg, beg

We met at McDonalds, Scott and Charlie, Paul VX and the loving couple Andrew and Clare fresh back from their holiday to the Isle of Wight in the Westfield

DSC05663.JPG

Andrew and Clare

DSC05664.JPG

A quick scoot to GBS and park up

DSC05665.JPG

Andrew was first in the queue for the cake. Clever man, get there before Julie tucks in eh!

DSC05666.JPG

The target

DSC05667.JPG

It was busy outside, all the regulars came and new folks too. Inside, the Kit Spares Shop has been reorganised and the display was much improved, with items much more visible. The GBS staff worked hard to make everyone as welcome as ever and there were plenty of cars on display too.

If you can take your eyes off the Jag, we are parked just up from it.

DSC05669.JPG

With the cake digested we now needed lunch, so we said goodbye to Scott and Charlie before heading all the way to Tuxford Windmill cafe, all of 6 miles away.

The cafe is the building to the left. There are tours of the windmill as well as flour sales.

DSC05675.JPG

The inevitable happened and we maneuvered the cars in front of the windmill for a photo

DSC05678.JPG

or two

DSC05682.JPG

IMPORTANT the German sausage man is coming to GBS again, he is their German sales manager and he is a hilarious, very friendly man. He is doing the German sausage BBQ on the 8th December, extra to all the cakes, so meet at McDonalds 9.30am, in a tin top if you prefer, just don't miss it. The Kit Spares Shop will be open for any last minute pressies for Christmas too, what's not to like, see you there!!!

SATURDAY 8TH DECEMBER 9.30 MCDONALDS, OLLERTON, NG22 9DT

• Like 4