This Woman Just Biked at 184 MPH to Smash the Bicycle Speed Record.

DonPeffers

See  https://www.bicycling.com/news/a23281242/denise-mueller-korenek-breaks-bicycle-speed-record/

"Denise Mueller-Korenek rode a bicycle more than 180 mph—183.93 to be exact, which is faster than the takeoff speed of an Airbus A340—and crushed the motor-paced bicycle land speed record".

She beat the previous men’s record of 167mph and her own women’s record of 147mph.

I'm relieved all went well.

Watching the video it’s hard to believe. She barely seems to break sweat !!

Sorry but am I missing the point?  she was towed to 100mph and then in an air cushion behind the drag vehicle.  Might just as well be on a turbo trainer.

5 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

Sorry but am I missing the point?  she was towed to 100mph and then in an air cushion behind the drag vehicle.  Might just as well be on a turbo trainer.

If you watched Guy Martin try and do this you’d realise what an amazing achievement it is. 

She’s certainly got balls!

It is a bit of a pointless record but a huge achievement all the same. What would be a real record is with no car in front with a huge deflector which creates a situation where there is no resistance.

It takes guts to do what she did as anything could go wrong. 

@XTR2Turbo She's on a bike, going 184 mph. That's pretty damn impressive. Think how sensitive your car becomes over 100mph to tiny steering inputs, bumps in the road etc, now imagine that on a bicycle at 184mph. Definitely impressed! I think you're probably being cheekily provocative knowing your background! ;)