Last fling at the Rock? Oct 21st

Andrew

Rockingham track day. October 21st. Open pitlane 105db International super sports car long... (The one with the pif paf chicane)

Myself and three others have booked onto this one for a last blast round the circuit before it closes at the end of the year.

I tried for a group discount but failed.. The last few dates are selling out fast, as presumably everyone else has the same idea I suppose..

Part of the email reply: "in all honesty we will struggle to offer a group discount. As we are closing the days are extremely popular with our last day selling out over two weeks prior and the remaining dates are all looking to go the same way." 

It's currently on an early bird price of £185, but will rise to £205 as it fills.

Anyone else?

:t-up:

I'm booked along with my Son and one of his friends.  I'm doing the BARC sprint the on Saturday, staying over and finishing up with the track day on Sunday.  Hoping it will be a good weekend and great if there are a few Westy's there!

Simon

53 minutes ago, Simon_Jones said:

I'm booked along with my Son and one of his friends.  I'm doing the BARC sprint the on Saturday, staying over and finishing up with the track day on Sunday.  Hoping it will be a good weekend and great if there are a few Westy's there!

Simon

That's a double last fling! Make sure you don't break it on the Saturday Simon. :)

No intention to break anything BUT... my Son is driving the track prepared MX-5 up so we should be covered for all eventualities and weather!  The Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on the MX-5 are a bit better than Nankang AR-1's in the wet, especially at Rockingham:Rain-icon:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Getting stuff sorted out for Sunday's last blast round Rockingham..

Looking at my photo albums, I've done eight trackdays there, and a couple of my son's race days. I remember my first visit, April 08, there was snow on the ground, icy first thing.. The sighting laps were on a damp track, and tbh, I was struggling to keep up! Hadn't a clue where it went. Thankfully the sun shone, and it turned out to be a good day. :sun:

It's going to be sad driving out through the tunnel for the last time.... :(

It looks like the weather should hopefully be better on Sunday, than it was April 08. :oops: 

DSCF1176.thumb.JPG.bc18fca33edb0783617a47af1f30cf3e.JPG177520530_FBc.thumb.jpg.85a32b0bd95fffe8145efa6a202b9e60.jpg

• Like 1

Have a great day guys, its been emotional. Favourite Rockingham moment for me was taking a new girlfriend (now Mrs H) for her first track day experience. Showing off how good a racing driver I am, stuck it in the gravel at Gracelands on the outlap.... I thinks that's the day Barny blew his first engine up too..

Of course, I'll always have the sideways wet laps enjoyed while tightly squeezed into Barnys sh*tter. Good times.

• Like 2

Im lucky to have secured a spot on the last ever track day :(   8th December, got it for free for winning one of their sprint competitions :)

Got the confirmation through, the Noise section made me smile (see below)  Well no worries about the council shutting them down :D   Should be quite a spectacle :)

Noise

This is and unsilenced & unrestricted event. Please feel free to be as loud as you want, in fact we encourage you to help us make as much noise as possible for out last track day!

We may noise test some vehicles on the day but only in the name of curiosity and amusement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, M@r]{ said:

Noise

This is and unsilenced & unrestricted event. Please feel free to be as loud as you want, in fact we encourage you to help us make as much noise as possible for out last track day!

We may noise test some vehicles on the day but only in the name of curiosity and amusement.

Superb! :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Shame Donnington don't take the same view. Noise is killing our hobby 

Donington have to keep it quiet so you can hear the planes landing!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Donington have to keep it quiet so you can hear the planes landing!

The one on the 30th is a noisy one..

"There will be no static or drive-by test or limit during this event. 'Noisy' track day dates are very rare which is why it is more expensive than a quiet day."