Hello from a Bristol Newbie

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

Good evening all, 

Having been lurking for years and a member since earlier this year, I have finally completed the circle and bought my first Westfield. Many thanks to all those that have answered my questions online or gave me 5 minutes to answer a newbie question at Stoneleigh this year, it all helped...

I collected my car on Thursday and went straight on to Blyton for a Westfield Trackday Experience (booked by family before I decided to buy). After a great session on track I set off for the 200 miles home, loving the slower, scenic Fosse Way! 

So what did I get, I know you guys like a photo - see below....

2012 SEiW SDV BRG with a 1.8 Zetec Black Top on Jenvey ITB and MBE ecu. It has some other nice bits under the bonnet that I am working my way through to a) Identify and b) Understand what they do - Please be patient with my What is This? Questions.

i am not planning any massive upgrades soon, rather use it and learn it’s ins and outs before splashing any (more) money it's way! 

Oh yes and get out and meet some fellow owners too! 

CAE9E4CB-7CBD-4395-ABA5-1F1C07FCE021.jpeg

7783993C-B307-4BFC-987C-E4FD007DF5CD.jpeg

39C89EFD-B82E-4D57-9E4A-8C3D0ABC521B.jpeg

• Like 1

Smart looking car, enjoy. Don't worry upgraditus will soon set in, buying a WF is just he beginning, you'll be be happy but poor (unless you're a footballer) :p.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks Bob on! I'm a Bristol boy too mind:d.....with a Westfield I have found there is always a job that needs doing,

and if your doing it you might as well "improve" it lol. My winter list is growing by the day :o

• Like 1

Welcome and that’s a lovely looking car, glad your enjoying her and don’t worry about any questions, it’s been said many times the only daft one is the one you don’t ask

oh and don’t worry about upgrades just yet .... you’ve still a couple of months before upgrade season is upon us all

• Like 2

Hello from a fellow Bristol owner.  Nice to see such a clean car, it is so clean you could mistake it  for a Caterham ;)

• Haha 1

Ha ha nice one Stoat! Not so clean after the run home but now shiny again after some TLC today. 

Welcome to the WSCC Club. 

We're prob the closest area club at the moment, you're more than welcome to come over and join us 

3 hours ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Welcome to the WSCC Club. 

We're prob the closest area club at the moment, you're more than welcome to come over and join us 

Many thanks Tom, I certainly will look up the details and see when I can visit.

4 hours ago, markat said:

Welcome from West Devon, that's a fine looking car, hope you enjoy it as much as I am mine.

Oh yes, impromptu Rolling road today and the lovely blast down to in-laws in Yeovil chasing the sun! What Westys are made for. 

• Like 3