Lawn care.

dhutch

3 hours ago, stephenh said:

I wish my lawn looked that good, after this last summer!

As you have overhanging shrubs on the lawn margins don't use the finest grass seed, as it wont stand the dripping from the overhanging branches in the winter months. Better to use a general purpose lawn grass seed.

Also, if you do use grass seed to over sow the bare patches, I'd buy a bag of sterilised loam (available from any decent garden centre) and mix the grass seed with the loam. It will bulk out the seed to make it easier to spread evenly, and will give the seed a bit of protection when it first germinates, so helping it to root. It is how golf club green keepers repair divot holes on golf tees, and fairways.

Oh, and when you've finished, will you pop back down to Staffordshire and give my lawn a going over?:d  

You should see it up close!

But ok, that sounds like 'just use normal lawn seed' which was my gut feeling. I like the idea of mixing it in with some loam (compost?) with it to help spreading and germinating. I due course I think the whole lawn wants a good top-dressing, soil seems poor and it would do in no harm to be 2 inches higher, but all in good time.

I'm trying to get out of Staffordshire, sale on my house in Uttoxeter should complete 8 days from now with luck!

5 hours ago, darve said:

Looks like once you’re done, you need to go and help you neighbour at the back :laugh:

Yes well, in case not obvious that's a new build. Previous owners sold the end of the garden off ahead of us buying the house.

Daniel