Car cover. recommend?

Skypeller

Hi all 

see my post about getting my first Westfield. Until we get the new house I have a carport with lockable 6 foot oak gates infront to keep away prying eyes, it’s been a great setup, like a fresh air garage lol. Because rain can sometimes swoop in in heavy storms between the gates and the roof I want a decent tailored cover that won’t mark the bodywork, ideally one suited to outdoors but I like idea of the soft lined ones, would like to try get one for under £100 is that possible for a half decent one?

cheers

Hamilton Classic’s multi layer Moultex cover every time. I’ve tried at least half a dozen different makes over the years, and these are the only ones that last decently. (They all go eventually, it’s a hard life for a breathable cover, outside in wind, rain bright sunlight - UV, etc)

The worst of the cheap ones have barely made a month or two, even one £400+ one only managed around six months, before it started to let masses of water through.

Note, we’re talking proper breathable covers here, that will keep the condensation off, long term, rather than a cheap plastic tarp, which will keep rain and snow off, but will trap all the moisture on the vehicle.

And another for a Hamilton cover - mines been fitted about 18 months, just had to reseal it with Scotchgard but that was probably my fault as I took the cover off and gave it a deep clean, removing most of the water repellant coating - good as new again now though and still keeps the car completely watertight

If it's sheltered I wouldn't use a cover....

I used a really expensive cover (originally for a Jag XK150) some years ago when the Westfield was stored outside after a house move, the humidity underneath it ruined the engine bay, it took months to get it right again, remove corrosion etc and this is also how my brake callipers ended up seizing.

Dave recommended a Hamilton cover when I asked, and it has been great so far, though a bit above your budget even with the WSCC discount.

I’ve spent more on cheap ones over the years than one Hamilton cover that lasted the same length of time would have cost. I guess that’s where the old saying buy cheap buy twice comes from. (Though to be fair, it isn’t always the case with Westfield parts.i deed, the most expensive car cover I ever bought, way more than a Hamilton, was also the quickes to fail, and tbh, was never very good from the start.)

• Thanks 1

I asked a similar question on Facebook and a few people recommended a Stormforce cover from covermycar.  They do look very good and what I really like is you can add options such as security lock, alarm system and additions elasticated edging to help keep it in place.  

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2018 at 11:58, M@r]{ said:

I asked a similar question on Facebook and a few people recommended a Stormforce cover from covermycar.  They do look very good and what I really like is you can add options such as security lock, alarm system and additions elasticated edging to help keep it in place.  

Had one. (Had many of the different options, to be honest).

My recommendation is unchanged! ;) :)

Another one for hamilton. When i got mine it was parked outside for about 9 months amd didnt have any problem with hamiltons. Although more than the £100 you'd like to spend worth every penny and more of the price tag