Member for a while but finally got my 1st Westfield :)

Skypeller

Hi all,

just to let you all know I’m 32 years of age and been after a Westfield for a long time, I’ve wanted one ever since I was a kid, finally taken the plunge for a 10 year old Sigma/zetec-se 1600cc SEiW model. 

I’ve not collected it yet but I can’t wait, deposit is down and it’s not even that far away from me. 

Im based In Herefordshire soon to be moving to Malvern. 

Could you answer a few things for me to help me out a bit; 

im after an intake pipe see my wanted parts ad. The current one is a little worn/split where it’s obviously chafed on the bonnet or such like.

i will need to do the Cambelt kit and water pump ASAP and it’s done 11k and it’s on it’s original belt. I believe the belt interval is 10years or 100k so it’s age is expired. Which timing tool kit do you guys recommend I buy? And guides online? I’ve done Cambelt without issues before but not a tapershaft type so i’ll Be ultra ultra careful. 

Are the SEiW limited slip diffs? 

Is mine a type 9 gearbox? It seems to be ..... it drives aswell as the red top caterham super seven I hired last autumn anyway and similar ratios perhaps. Mines a Newer car with much less miles. 

It was kit built and it’s on its second owner from new. I’m to be the third owner since new. 

I will be looking first of all to take it for Saturday & Sunday drives, then look into meets and definitely to take the Mrs, nephew or my dad to Shelsley Walsh in it to spectate initially haha

Anyway thanks all! 

• Like 1

Nice one, I bet you can’t wait but first and foremost it doesn’t happen without pictures .....

and im sure someone will be along very soon to help out with your questions 

Glad you have found a car - to answer a couple of questions:

Limited Slip Diff and Gearbox - it will depend on what the original builder chose to fit (or specify if factory built). 

There’s no such thing as “standard” really as it is, after all, a kit car.

The gearbox is likely to be a type 9 as I am not sure of other bellhousings available to suit the sigma engine - but once again, it’s a car built to the original owner’s spec, so could be something exotic! The reverse selection will help id a type 9 - if it’s push down left past first and forward, then it probably is.

Also, do you have any build info -manual/photos/receipts?

Hello, hope your love your new car, I don’t know much at all about engines and belts and bits, however I got my car almost 2 months ago and has done 11k too and it’s 5 years old, I’ve always used Northampton motorsport and they recommend that I changed the cam belt, I believe it’s 5 years and 50k - but I don’t know if this depends on what kind of belt or engine. 

Hi thank you 

yes I love the new car! I’m so glad I took the plunge and bought it. I’ve spend all of yesterday and most of today cleaning and polishing and making orders for varies bits and bobs to make it a minter both cosmetically and mechanically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1