Sigma/zetec intake air filter pipe

Skypeller

Hi all 

im looking for a intake pipe as pictured, preferably if you can post one

if you have one please get in touch :) 

for a 1600cc sigma (zetec se) 

C87928F7-D01A-42CF-B8A1-F2AF82BC6425.jpeg

Does anyone know if the airflow meter is part of the tube or if it just fits into it universally? 

Havent collected my car yet but I know the tube is split on the radius part

Hi Jody

You're welcome to pop round and see how the induction is set up on my car if you like. There's an air temperature sensor on the kidney, but not a flow meter as far as I know.

Gary

Hi Gary :) 

ive just bought a blue 07 plate sigma, 10k Miles, so pleased! 

Time to get some use from it, I’m going to do the Cambelt soon, I read an old post  of yours about dry sump kit..or caterham sump (which is yours?) ... I feel very tempted... did you fit it yourself? Any machining required?

is the caterham sump still a wet sump but shallower? obviously I know what dry sumpimg is and will reduce the protruding sump issue on these cars.

Hi Jody

Well done, good to hear you've found a car you like.

The Caterham sump is a wet sump, the real advantage is the ground clearance it gives. I trimmed the clutch bell housing to match the angle of the sump, which made clearance good right through the underside. Changing the sump involves a new wìndage tray and pick up pipe. It could be done yourself, but needs a ramp, or more mobility than my creaky old front row back for lying around under the car. I've also just had the cambelt changed, I didn't have the locking tool so I got Paul Benson to do it at Oldfields.

Have fun with the car.

Gary

On 05/09/2018 at 08:28, The Cheese said:

I have one off a zetec 2.0 not sure if it’s same 7D1EEB94-5DFB-456B-AB4C-4386BC17C0F5.thumb.jpeg.dca424dbe74065f5608bb6b3be2f73e5.jpeg4F12F58A-8A7A-4AD3-8F43-2A1099829612.thumb.jpeg.ed9118434b3154c0ddbb632ae914033f.jpegE49D47A7-4A34-4504-A012-C06869B5EE89.thumb.jpeg.c3e524feca06a5448712ff53712cf42a.jpeg

Hi mate how much could you post the intake assembly for? I’m in Herefordshire so not close enough to collect but not far enough to be too expensive on postage hopefully. PM me please. 

thanks 

joe

Sump kit from Caterham parts. The sump is made by Titan, came direct from Titan in Titan branded wrapping, but Titan aren't allowed to sell direct as they are under contract with Caterham.

Gary

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.