Clan McWesty dates / events

Gary Taylor

Hi everyone,

here we go as we are reaching the end of the organised calendar of events

I thought we would start off giving you all plenty of time to pop into your diaries

so first up is an end of season lunch / get together at the Glover Arms, creiff road, perth, PH1 3JJ on SUNDAY DECEMBER 2nd, seated for 1pm. This is the same venue as in previous years

next an end of season / get together at Brewers Fayre, Linwood road, Elgin , iV30 1HY on SUNDAY DECEMBER 9th, SEATED FOR 1PM

could you please let me know names for either of the above

Next up and  quite important is for the last weekend in JUNE 2019 

This is usually our Applecross weekend, however there has been a suggestion that we look at a different venue / location . One that has been suggested is STRATHFILLAN WIGWAMS, TYNDRUM, CRIANLARICH, this is a venue that would see us in one location  (campers and lodgers) also it would open up some new roads for us towards the Oban area. 

Can we ask for those interested to have a look at the area and put forward their thoughts good or bad. Rab is going to contact the owners to check availability and pricing etc and we can go from there.

Given the speed that this area books up it would be prudent to move forward quite quickly on a decision

depending on availability etc the 3rd weekend in June is 21/22/23 friday /sat/sun

August bank holiday  2019 will be Brad's mystery navigation run. he has put a lot of work into setting this up and we will be advertising this with a vengeance so keep your eyes peeled for updates 

Once again thank you all for your continued support and I am always looking for a few photos and words  of your runs, builds and updates. Maybe a couple of the lads doing super lap scotland could drop me a few words / pics on their season

All the best Gary 

10 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Next up and  quite important is for the last weekend in JUNE 2019 

This is usually our Applecross weekend, however there has been a suggestion that we look at a different venue / location . One that has been suggested is STRATHFILLAN WIGWAMS, TYNDRUM, CRIANLARICH, this is a venue that would see us in one location  (campers and lodgers) also it would open up some new roads for us towards the Oban area. 

Can we ask for those interested to have a look at the area and put forward their thoughts good or bad. Rab is going to contact the owners to check availability and pricing etc and we can go from there.

Given the speed that this area books up it would be prudent to move forward quite quickly on a decision depending on availability etc the last weekend in June is 28/29/30 friday /sat/sun

Gary, can I just remind everyone that it's usually the third weekend in June that we traditionally go to Applecross and this would be the weekend that we would still use for Strathfillan Wigwams! This would make it Fri 21st - Sun 23rd June 2019.

• Like 1

I'll be at the Glover Arms lunch on 2nd December.

I could do the Strathfillan Wigwams event on the last weekend in June, but I note Rab's post about it being 21st to 23rd. I'm unlikely to be able to do that weekend.

I'm intending to do Brad's Navigation Run in August.

Cheers,
Brian
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...