Speed Series Dinner

Terry Everall

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Sweet Jesus, been trying to get through half theevening/ night, at one point was on hold for thirty someth8ng minutes. Finally got through to be told there were no rooms left under £175. Gulp.

Sorry guys, had been looking forward to doing the meal, but bearing in mind I’m not even a competitor, well north of £200+ by the time bar bills are added, is too much for me, I’m going to have to leave it this year, and just come down for the meeting, as normal, on the Sunday.

As alternative accomodation there's a campsite a short walk away.

How utterly bizarre, it's obviously key to speak to the right person. If they don't put the WSCC details in right, and right at the start, you don't get the right rooms!

Booked this morning £89 for standard room on the WSCC rate, still rooms available, and not far off £100 less than what I was being told yesterday evening!!

This is getting crazy

I have just spoken to reception and they told me that they had 1 standard room left at £99 and superior rooms at £119 !!

I will see if John Williams can sort this out

I was told my room would be £99 !

Ok here is the latest situation

The discounted rates are standard room single occupant £89

Standard with double occupancy £99

There is very limited availability so book asap . Other rooms are available at about £20 more and are superior rooms

I'm not sure what my room is, TBH, on the 'phone, the lady I spoke to said it was a standard single, but the emailed confirmation says double standard. I'm OK either way. But there seems a lot of confusion!

Ah, that explains it Terry, double room, single occupancy.

I had a look on line this morning too, and I think the room price/availability I was being told about yesterday were the same as the on-line options. Doh.

just tried to book room  all motorsport block gone cheapest room £149     going to give it amiss 

I will see if John Williams can contact the hotel and see what is going on

Ok John and I have now sorted this out hopefully. The hotel management have agreed that the rates are £89 and £99 for a standard room. They currently have reserved 12 more rooms for our Awards dinner attendees so get in quick 

YOU MUST USE THE HOTEL ROOM RESERVATION SERVICE TO ENSURE THAT WHEN YOU QUOTE WSCC DINNER YOU GET THE CORRECT DEAL

Anyone who has been overcharged should also contact the hotel management

Hopefully Pete you will now be attending!

As the season draws to an end it would be nice if we could have people sending in or completing their "awards dinner" applications please. As usual it will be a great night and time to catch up on paddock gossip or rumours. Excuses about poor performance are totally acceptable, car problems can be discussed and this year I understand that we are having some dance music!

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that Keith Adams, Richard Houlgate and Ian Davenport as well as some others have not applied for tickets to the do !!!]Can someone chase them up by phone or email please

Thanks for the reply Keith and a shame you won't be there

1 hour ago, terry everall said:

I have noticed that Keith Adams, Richard Houlgate and Ian Davenport as well as some others have not applied for tickets to the do !!!]Can someone chase them up by phone or email 

We're hoping to come, some thing to sort tomorrow before booking.

That would be great to see you and Wendy, Dave