Cheshire & N. Staffs Monthly meet, Thursday 6th September.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Glad my roll bar shows up at least :d

Excellent navigation. I sort of kept recognising where we were then you turned !

A good test of my suspension and made me remember a tinted visor doesn't work too well in the dark and my 4 inch headlights are for day time use only......

Great fun.:d

• Like 2

Ghostly figures in the dark...

2A4E66F1-25E2-4932-BEE0-080E5E1A37D2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My hands are in my pockets as they are cold, I'm  not looking for loose change or indeed anything else......

• Haha 2

On 06/09/2018 at 21:22, BillyPee said:

Westy wouldn't start :down:. Something different this time but not had time to investigate; something for the weekend.

Got to the bottom of it (we think).

The car was turning over and there was definitely spark. It wanted to start but just never kept got/kept going. With it working 100% the weekend before, we put it down to bad fuel, low fuel pressure, blockage, etc. Yesterday we checked and set the FPR to 3 PSI (it was 1.5 PSI), but that made no difference. All the filters (tank to pump, FPR, carbs) were clean so not that. Ran fresh fuel from a can but that made no difference either. Continued head scratching.

Swapped out the new spark plugs for the old ones and... it fired up immediately. I had used NGK Iridium spark plugs for the first time and it has been running on them a couple of weeks ago but the old BRP7ES plugs seem to be what the engine prefers. Strange as the iridium plus were sparking against the head, just must not have been strong enough. Oh well, another lesson learnt.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, BillyPee said:

Got to the bottom of it (we think).

The car was turning over and there was definitely spark. It wanted to start but just never kept got/kept going. With it working 100% the weekend before, we put it down to bad fuel, low fuel pressure, blockage, etc. Yesterday we checked and set the FPR to 3 PSI (it was 1.5 PSI), but that made no difference. All the filters (tank to pump, FPR, carbs) were clean so not that. Ran fresh fuel from a can but that made no difference either. Continued head scratching.

Swapped out the new spark plugs for the old ones and... it fired up immediately. I had used NGK Iridium spark plugs for the first time and it has been running on them a couple of weeks ago but the old BRP7ES plugs seem to be what the engine prefers. Strange as the iridium plus were sparking against the head, just must not have been strong enough. Oh well, another lesson learnt.

Let's hope the October meeting is a fine and dry one so you can bring the result of all your hard work. We can then admire your efforts.:d

• Like 2

Well done Billy, thank goodness you got to the bottom of it, we’re all looking forward to seeing the results of you and your dad’s hard work.