Cheshire & N. Staffs Monthly meet, Thursday 6th September.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Peaky Blunders!

As this may possibly the last run out for an evening meet of the season, we're doing something different this time, with a run through the Peak District, starting at the Manifold Inn, at Hulme End, in the Manifold valley, running through some fantastic parts of the Peak District, past Rudyard Lake, then back across to the Swettenham Arms!

The run should take around an hour and a half, or just under, according to the sat nav(!) So we need to leave the Manifold Inn reasonably promptly, 7.45pm at the latest. This will get us to the Swettenham Arms a little after nine pm. 

Anyone that can't make the full run, is very welcome to join us at Swettenham for a drink and a natter. 

So, just to be clear, this month, we will not be at the Golden Pheasant!

• Like 1

Can’t make this gents, will be looking after kids as Jo is away! (Oscar rugby training clash too) Sorry, a good run out would’ve been great.

Andy

• Sad 2

I will be there this month. I will probably just meet you guys at the Swettenham Arms. Have fun.

• Like 1

There's still a good chance it will still dry for tonight's run! Who's joining us?

• Like 2

Just now, 6carjon said:

I have permission :d

Excellent. We're going to get to drive some cracking roads which will be even quieter than on Sat and they were brill then :yes:

• Like 3

Westy wouldn't start :down:. Something different this time but not had time to investigate; something for the weekend.

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, Carlg said:

Enjoyed tonight looking forward to some more run's out :yes:

Hi @Carlg good to meet you briefly last night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Hi @Carlg good to meet you briefly last night

Ditto, good to meet up for a chat with you and your nephew(?) Carl, we get out quite often that way, especially with @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO and the Peak District crew. I know you plan on pulling the engine over winter, but some of us do ;) :d :p do carry on through the winter, with just the odd short break off the road where the odd winter upgrade/maintenance demands it, so do keep an eye out on the events section, and you should be able to fit more runs in around your continuing restoration.

• Like 2

A cracking run last night, thank you to all those that joined us, I must admit I was nervous about how many we'd get at the Manifold Inn, (cracking food by the way, if (when) we do similarr again, and like me, you don't really have time to get to the meet and have tea first). I think Ian and I had both been of a similar mind; we were doing it, even if it was just us and we met  everyone else at the Swetty Arms!! As it was, with Ian, Jon and I in the cars, pluse Matt and Steve on the bikes it was great. (even if apparently the roads were just to "roady" for the poor bikes, in the dark. :p

• Haha 1

It was a good evening indeed! Here's a few pics(night ones aren't too clear :cry:) from me:

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

• Like 3