Half Hood Vs Full Hood

Vogalogue

Here is my strap configuration on half hood, i've taken the straps down though the boot lid gap works pretty good and all is hidden when not used. Also in this pic is my 'extra' rear zip on back I had a go at making which does work a treat once fitted but to be honest the half hood and full doors keep you 99% dry so I've not used that much

hood_zps0fquft5c.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted mine yesterday & had a dry test drive today so I`ll add my 2p:

+ nice and warm inside the cabin, so less weather gear needed (some 5-8 degrees today)

+ my doors without the holding straps (not fitted yet) stay in place in the corners!

+ I felt a bit more anonymous (if you don`t like all the attention)

+ perfectly fine with MSA bar up to 60mph, buffeting probably okay for short-mid distances at 70mph

+ no need for glasses / sunglasses

+- feels much more like a regular car with the hood on

- I can see why leaving the hood off as much as possible is still the preferred choice

- I`m pretty worried about the longevity of screen channel.

Quite impressed with Soft Bits quality.

1.jpg.61cb71554d8b3f0c5e48890f80773300.jpg

• Like 3

@Skypeller Thanks; I paid £369 for the half hood with drivers side zip and screen channel, lightweight bag, delivery and fittings (no bar).

• Thanks 1

Nice review Jabiqq.

My half hood has been delivered (well, Hermes don't bother and leave it at the local post office because lazy) but I've not had a change to fit it yet!

I also have a boot cover coming,.

• Haha 1

For longevity of screen channels extra bracing a must....

20170809_093222.thumb.jpg.635f1621d98323225c6d45e4e88019dd.jpg

cord loops are to help with removal when wet.

I'm surprised someone doesn't sell pre cut strips for the terminally lazy... It could be easy to get a batch laser cut up.

I'd buy one!

• Like 1

I have the SBFS half hood, without the zip out panels (as I'm supple enough to squeeze in :d).

At 60mph there's quite a lot of buffeting inside the car, so much that in the Spring I wore a woolly hat on the way to work as my ears were getting cold!

At 70mph, the hood bounces up and down, but more worryingly, it pulls the top of the screen forwards and backwards enough to make me back off to 60.  Anybody else have this issue?

I have to drive up a dual carriageway to work, and a short stretch of motorway, 60mph max speed isn't enough!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my half hood and boot cover made by a local trimmer to me in Dorset. I’m very happy with the way it’s turned out. 

CD69F533-65AE-4631-B72C-D8BEA4B824B9.jpeg

B29A05F2-3195-4E79-9F67-7037E9E6F85E.jpeg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, glenbo said:

Just had my half hood and boot cover made by a local trimmer to me in Dorset. I’m very happy with the way it’s turned out. 

CD69F533-65AE-4631-B72C-D8BEA4B824B9.jpeg

B29A05F2-3195-4E79-9F67-7037E9E6F85E.jpeg

That looks very smart.

Do you have details of who made it.

2 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

@Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO - 'scuse me for being a bit thick but how is the reinforcement attached? Is it steel or is it alloy? Thanks. 

It's alloy and araldited to windscreen extrusion.