Vogalogue

4 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

That looks very smart.

Do you have details of who made it.

Pipers trimmers of sparkford not to far from the Haynes museum 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2018 at 17:44, glenbo said:

Pipers trimmers of sparkford not to far from the Haynes museum 

Would you mind telling how much it cost ,so we can make a comparison.

thanks 

Steve 

Am I right in thinking this is an MSA rollbar ,not an RAC one ?

if ordering a half hood from softbits all they need is the measurement from the front of screen to centre of roll bar .and the type of bar (hence my question ) I take it all MSA bars are the same width .

5AEEC876-22A8-43C1-81AF-39C51C00475F.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

..... I take it all MSA bars are the same width .

I think the Westfield MSA and PlaysKool MSA bars have slightly different shapes/profile when looked at from behind, not quite same width at top (although I've not actually measured)

• 1 month later...

As I'm motivating myself to make progress on my car!

The hood and boot cover arrived, the quality looks great and the boot cover looks like it will fit perfectly. I like the material vs the Westfield vinyl, and it is SO mush lighter.

There is a  problem with fitment on my car though... As I mentioned when ordering it, (after a heads up form another member) the windscreen isn't totally straight on my Westfield. (I'm pretty OCD so this causes me great discomfort) as suck the difference "top to top" is about 1CM. unfortunately, the passenger side fits a treat, and the drivers side is loose, giving diagonal lines. I've tried to wind the straps back on that side, but it pulls the "bolt relief hole" out of its adjustable range.

I also noticed that the plastic "channel" doesn't seem to fit centrally, there is a  noticeable overhang on the drivers side, and it pulls tight on the passenger side. (second pic) I guess elongating the rivet hole should move it over, but I didn't want to touch it until I spoke to soft bits (who have been helpful so far and I'm just waiting for them to get back to me, I didn't get around to fitting until just before the Christmas break).

Fingers crossed they can come up with a solution as I meant to be driving to the continent in March!

IMG_20181208_121757.jpg

IMG_20181112_195412.jpg

IMG_20181208_121832.jpg

IMG_20181208_121809.jpg

Little update, I just spoke to Soft bits, -  what thoroughly nice and helpful people they are!
We are going for a re measure and adjustment.

Fingers crossed I can get the drum tight fit from some of the examples above.