Width passenger seat - wide body

S2T

Have done a search but cannot find the answer.

What is the maximum passenger seat width one can put in a wide body, I seem to recollect the passenger side is narrower than the drivers side

There's 2 widths of tunnel for Wide chassis, so two possible answers as drivers side is same!

Drivers a 42cm width JK seat is ok but won't go far forward on runners and 39cm works better which is what I've fitted.

The passenger side of mine only just takes a 39cm JK seat.

There's more than two widths I'm afraid! But to be fair, only two are that common! (Type 9 and MT75)

Broadly though, you have, from narrowest tunnel onwards:

Type 9 tunnel (also used for the four speed gearbox cars). Narrowest tunnel, width same either side.

MT75 tunnel, narrower passenger side.

V8/LT77 tunnel, wider still than above.

T5 tunnel, similar if not slightly wider than above, drivers side is starting to get narrower at the pedal end as well.

Mega S2000/Sport 250 widest tunnel. Drivers footwell definitely narrower still.

Not sure where Mazda SDV's fit in, similar to MT75, I think, but narrowing where the nose of the diff enters the tunnel.

Bear in mind also, that the fitting of the inner trim panels to the cockpit sides makes a surprising difference to available room for seats etc, as does carpet on the tunnel.

Just to confirm , for my 1991 supplied SEiW with type 9, drivers and passenger side are 43cm, not narrowing significantly within the area the seat moves, but that is WITHOUT CARPETS,  A 42cm JK seat would be a very tight fit!

SeatWidth.png

6 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Not sure where Mazda SDV's fit in, similar to MT75, I think, but narrowing where the nose of the diff enters the tunnel.

440 on the drivers side and 430 on the passenger side. (The diff bulge isn't that bad and I've never heard anyone say the seats don't fit because of this)

The end of the foot well is 5mm smaller on the passenger side as well 230mm rather than 235mm.

• Like 2