Who's car is this???

Dean Goodall

I took lots of photos of cars at Stoneleigh this year, just been reviewing them and would like to ask the owner a question about this beauty!!

Anyone know who?

Please reply if its yours, thanks.

IMG_0058.thumb.JPG.1987fdc0b8e6c7f1f8cafdcbec353cf4.JPG

Why is there a pair of jeans on the seat, is the owner streaking around the show?////// lol not hard to identify then :d

Well, I only wanted to know if/how the rear of the speaker was covered over to protect it and the wire connections?

If your after audio, this was my solution

IMG_3462.thumb.JPG.234347e10bffead8c884c5341ae15f4e.JPG

It's a BlueTooth speaker/come battery that i hook up to my phone and then play audio from using Amazon, Spotify or the BBC radio app and found this works really well as well as Google Maps or WAZE which is my fav SatNav application

Yeah, I saw that on your build Mr Bug and did consider similar, I think I preferred something more discreet. I am now commited to locating a speaker between the seats, got my head unit & speakers last week.  I’ve got some black vinyl on order and more sheet ally, going to fabricate a console/fascia between bottom of dash and tunnel top. (Whilst observing the need to remove easily!)

66BE5BED-0881-42EB-8659-D4669C9F9E7D.jpeg.f9f6feff2fd58a476e7e879108f41d5d.jpeg5EED173A-B09F-4BBC-863D-6C17F5258B1B.jpeg.9c959e88177781e7d93e6045d11c0431.jpeg

does the wiring loom come with spare fused power lines?

There was an Aux power connector if i remember correctly (Purple I think) in the under-dash loom, but i would recommend fitting an in-line fuse in there somewhere as a precaution.

On my build journey I was always going to fit something for my iPhone, so i built in a 6-way plug that carried full live 12V, Switched 12V  and a lighting 12V along with grounds so I could be selective post IVA with expansion kit.

If your going to mount under the dash on the tunnel you could roughly follow what i did with a bit of sheet aluminium (about 1/2 way down this page)

and bolt to the dash hoop at the top.  i used 50mm wide Velcro on the bottom and it has not moved at all.

would be a good time to fit a USB plug at the same time if you can fit one in, plenty around on eBay etc.

• Like 1