New member saying 'Hi'

Morris

As a new member I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I’ve had an interest in kit cars for 28 years, my first car after passing my driving test was a Dutton Phaeton. After an unfortunate coming together with a sign post and writing the car off, I went main stream with a one litre VW Polo! Since then I have rebuilt a Marlin Roadster – taking part in the ‘Guild of Motor Endurance’ 6 hour event at Mallory Park back in 1995. I sold the car a couple of years after that having got married/ bought a house etc.

Once home life and finances had settled down I was getting the bug again. Not having workshop facilities I bought a Lotus Elise S2 – good fun to drive (and great to look at), but I didn’t have that emotional connection to it given that I hadn’t physically created it!

I sold the Lotus once we had a family, which takes me to now – seven years later on down the road. A month ago I visited the Westfield factory and put a deposit down on an XI in the obligatory Westfield Green! I first drove an XI when the factory had a demonstrator (12+ years ago!) and I’ve had the desire to build one ever since.

Before the XI kit is ready to collect in about 8 weeks I’ve firstly to build my garage (230 kg flat pack having been delivered today!) having already prepared and made a base for it!

I hope to write a build thread for the XI (not the garage!).

Cheers!

Morris.

• Like 1

:ww: from North Oxfordshire.

Garage build threads are good - our erstwhile AO's build was very popular!

Simon

:ww: from Yorkshire, whereabouts are you based as I would highly recommend getting along to a local group?

Was the best move I ever made :westy: