POSTPONED: The Fast and the Curious- Corner Weight and Dyno Day in Warrington- brought to you by The Cheshire and North Staffs Area-Sat, 8th September

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Folks, this is only next Saturday, now. We have too local businesses opening their doors for us on their day’s off. We do need more numbers to make it fair and viable for them!

• Like 1

Hi All, due to the low numbers interested so far, we may have to cancel this session. We could consider re-booking for spring if there's suitable interest. Therefore any feedback on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Is the date the problem etc?

Date is the problem for me, I'll be in Spain.

Great idea, don't know why it's not better supported. If you run another one (please do) then ask local AO's to publicise the event, either at club meets, blats or by text message. Westfield World too.

Next spring would be ideal, after winter mods and fettling. Presume the units are close enough to avoid the need for road tax if SORN'd, and some members have trailers that they don't mind sharing.

All in all, a great idea, just needs a bit more publicity.

• Like 1

We'd hoped there might have been a few more last minute takers for this, that had been hanging on to see what the weather is like etc.

But the numbers don't currently stack up, I'm afraid.

Don't forget, this is open to all, not just the Cheshire group

1 minute ago, bollockybill said:

Next spring would be ideal, after winter mods and fettling. Presume the units are close enough to avoid the need for road tax if SORN'd, and some members have trailers that they don't mind sharing.

Thanks John, yes that's a great point, the units are very close, on the same, quiet, (at weekends), industrial estate.

• Like 1

OK folks, we've left it longer than is perhaps fair on Phil, but you always have your fingers crossed for a few last minute changes of mind.

I'm afraid we just don't have the numbers, especially if you take Ian and I out of the equation, to run this event at this time.

So, rather than trying to run it either later in the month, with potential for even more unpredictable weather, or next month, when it could be worse, we will postpone the dyno and weigh day till spring. (In truth, we were planning on another then, anyway, if this went OK, so that you could measure before and after the Winter tinkering season, but Cest la vie!)

So, just to be sure, this weekends event is cancelled, and will be rescheduled for spring 2019!

• Like 1