POSTPONED: The Fast and the Curious- Corner Weight and Dyno Day in Warrington- brought to you by The Cheshire and North Staffs Area-Sat, 8th September

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

For your attention!

OK folks, we've left it longer than is perhaps fair on Phil, but you always have your fingers crossed for a few last minute changes of mind.

I'm afraid we just don't have the numbers, especially if you take Ian and I out of the equation, to run this event at this time.

So, rather than trying to run it either later in the month, with potential for even more unpredictable weather, or next month, when it could be worse, we will postpone the dyno and weigh day till spring. (In truth, we were planning on another then, anyway, if this went OK, so that you could measure before and after the Winter tinkering season, but Cest la vie!)

So, just to be sure, this weekends event is cancelled, and will be rescheduled for spring 2019!

A WSCC Member, Phil ( @lloydox ) and Garage owner has kindly offered to host this event at his garage in Warrington to provide the opportunity to see how balanced the weight distribution is on your car and also to have a power run at Phil’s neighbours: https://www.dcremappinguk.com/

You can do one, both or just come along to watch.

Costs

£10, for corner weights and £30 for the Dyno Run (3 runs with a print out of the best run)- Cash payments only on the day to each garage.

N.B. for both activities, time will not allow for adjustments to made to your vehicles, this session is only to benchmark or ‘draw a line in the sand’ as to how your vehicle currently is.

Corner Weights: GasTech Warrington Ltd, Unit 8,Trinity Court,Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6QT

Dyno Run: DC Remapping LTD - Unit 20, Trinity Court, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6QT

To hopefully make the day flow as smoothly as possible, please indicate your time slot preference below, with your forum name, by clicking on 'quote' on the last post below.

DYNO

9:00

9:30

10:00 @IanK (Bagpuss)

10:30

11:00

11:30

12:00

12:30

13:00

13:30

14:00 @Si.Dalziel

14:30 @SteH

15:00

15:30 @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary (I’ll be there all day, so can swap spots if it helps!)

CORNER WEIGHTS

9:15

9:45

10:00

10:15

10:45

11:00 @IanK (Bagpuss)

11:15

11:45

12:15

12:45

13:15

13:45

14:00

14:15

14:30

14:45

15:15

15:30

15:45   @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary As before, just ask if this time slot would suit you better, I’m there all day!

Even though the two units are walking distance apart, please don’t book concurrent appointments if you’ve having both done. The time slots above are only an approximation and events on the day may move things around slightly!

The corner weight system being used doesn’t print out, hence we’ll manually record the weights and vehicle registration numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roll up, roll up! 

Ian and Phil at Gas Tech 1.jpg

D546894B-5659-4330-A9EE-65495F03D4CE.jpeg

1097EABE-0A4E-461B-A763-DD8E4CF393F2.jpeg

8CD77491-D340-466D-9A65-F92BC754A02B.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

A WSCC Member, Phil ( @lloydox ) and Garage owner has kindly offered to host this event at his garage in Warrington to provide the opportunity to see how balanced the weight distribution is on your car and also to have a power run at Phil’s neighbours: https://www.dcremappinguk.com/

You can do one, both or just come along to watch.

Costs

£10, for corner weights and £30 for the Dyno Run (3 runs with a print out of the best run)- Cash payments only on the day to each garage.

N.B. for both activities, time will not allow for adjustments to made to your vehicles, this session is only to benchmark or ‘draw a line in the sand’ as to how your vehicle currently is.

Corner Weights: GasTech Warrington Ltd, Unit 8,Trinity Court,Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6QT

Dyno Run: DC Remapping LTD - Unit 20, Trinity Court, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6QT

To hopefully make the day flow as smoothly as possible, please indicate your time slot preference below, with your forum name, by clicking on 'quote' on the last post below.

DYNO

14:00 - @Si.Dalziel

CORNER WEIGHTS

9:15

9:45

10:15

10:45

11:15

11:45

12:15

12:45

13:15

13:45

14:00

14:15

14:45

15:15

15:45

Even though the two units are walking distance apart, please don’t book concurrent appointments if you’ve having both done. The time slots above are only an approximation and events on the day may move things around slightly!

The corner weight system being used doesn’t print out, hence we’ll manually record the weights and vehicle registration numbers.

Let’s see what the standard S2000 is kicking out before it gets its 2nd life.

• Like 1

Thanks Si, added you!

It would be great to get your car on the rollers here @Scotty72, I appreciate it's not exactly local for you!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

It would be great to get your car on the rollers here @Scotty72, I appreciate it's not exactly local for you!

Be fantastic to see some more S2000’s there, as well as every other flavour of Westfield!

• Like 1

Surely everyone isn’t scared their car will weigh more than mine!

:p

:getmecoat:

37 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

No can do I'm afraid.....

Had my car geo and corner weight set up at blink last october.

And as my engine is still pretty fresh from the rebuild (circa 800 miles) and i spent a small fortune, i dont want to put it under too much load before it's properly run in. (Can't afford anything else to go bang)

24 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Surely everyone isn’t scared their car will weigh more than mine!

:p

:getmecoat:

My Jag weighs nearly two tons. 

Is that heavier than yours?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My fiat panda weighs 860kg . Dave how close can you get to that?

Never mind it has 4 doors, 4 doors, air con, electric windows, a radio and a boot.......:p

And a roof ! :)

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TomS said:

Might pop along to this for a nose at some Westys, only 20 mins away.

@TomS you're more than welcome!

Put me down for 14.30 on the Dyno please. Interested to see what it makes compared to other S2000’s!

• Like 2

I am interested but need to see if there are any further issues on shakedown this weekend before I commit. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyPee said:

I am interested but need to see if there are any further issues on shakedown this weekend before I commit. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed it all goes ok for you!