Westfield Mazda SDV 1.6 SEIW For Sale **Now Sold**

Mooch

Reluctantly, it's time to sell my much-loved Mazda 1.6 based Westfield.  Built by me in 2011, she has given me a lot of ultra reliable fun on road and track as well as a trip to Le Mans, but it's time for the next project and I need the space.  I'm based near Chippenham in North Wiltshire.  Please note that the Private plate is not included in the sale - the car will revert to a G plate based on the age of the donor car.

The car is a standard Mazda SDV built using ZK bodywork and the Westfield completion kit with the chrome pack - no carbon here, mate,, but she has had a few modifications over the years.  I have the history of the donor, a file of all the receipts and build photos.  She passed IVA at the first attempt:

Engine & Gearbox etc are from a 1990 1.6 Mazda MX5 Mk 1.  The donor was a much loved car from within the family and had been very well maintained, which reflects in the current reliability.  101k on the donor and I've put on another 7K, so the odometer reads 108K.  Mileage is pretty academic really and as SDV'ers will know, parts are plentiful and cheap, including the big stuff like engines and gearboxes. There is potential to turbo/supercharge if required - a route successfully undertaken by other Mazda SDV mates.  There is a rumour that the 'out of the box' performance of this particular car drove some to fit turbos just to get ahead of me, but that's another story....  

It has been 'breathed on' by Skuzzle motorsports who fitted an ME221 mappable ECU, flowed the head and re-profiled the cams so it now has @145bhp the flywheel, up from the standard 115bhp.  It has the 4-1 Westfield manifold fitted as well as a K&N filter.  

The car has been faultless from the off and starts first time every time, regardless of how long she's been sat in the garage.  The standard gearbox is perfect for a Westfield.

Standard suspension with GAZ shocks all round, professionally set up by Dave Gallop at Track Developments

Other additions:

Westfield half hood

Playschool MSA roll bar, chromed.

Brand new Toyo R1Rs all round - the front ones so new they've not even been fitted yet!

Odyssey Gel Battery

Shortened sump (done by Gary Gunn of Loaded Gunn)

AA Composites lockable boot box (very useful!)

Mintex 1144 front pads

Perspex wind deflectors

MOT October, but will be renewed before then.

The car is in excellent condition, although there are the usual gravel rash marks on the front of rear arches and a small hole in the gel coat on the very bottom of the nearside wheel arch - probably stone damage - although this is invisible unless you crawl around underneath.  Also, there's  some minor gel coat crazing around a couple of the front mudguard mounting bolts. The windscreen has a 'bullseye' in it, but conveniently, it's behind the rearview mirror and has been hidden by a WSCC sticker for years.  

I'm looking for £8500 

07834 539464 if you wish to chat more or come and have a look.

453074823_ScreenShot2018-08-25at14_14_49.png.f3dacdfecd62761b07b715f777933250.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 14.11.37.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 14.11.47.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 14.12.00.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 14.12.16.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 14.12.38.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 14.12.57.png

• Like 2

Nice car this, and as Mike says, no slouch. GLWS :yes:

Whats the next project?

5 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

Nice car this, and as Mike says, no slouch. GLWS :yes:

Whats the next project?

Thanks, Gary,  Looking at a classic renovation....if it all stacks up, that is....

A fantastic car at a bargain price! If you're in the market for a car you can just jump in and drive on road or track, get down and view this ASAP. It's looks, sounds and is great

3 hours ago, Dommo said:

A fantastic car at a bargain price! If you're in the market for a car you can just jump in and drive on road or track, get down and view this ASAP. It's looks, sounds and is great

Thanks, Dom!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.