Wanted: Westfield - Bike Engined or Ecoboost 1.6

TomS

I've been keeping my eye on WSCC, eBay and Pistonheads for a few months now after I missed out on a few cars towards the end of last year and the one on these forums as peaked my interest: 

Does anyone have a rough idea of the cost to get something like this road legal and IVA'd? I know it would be hugely impacted by the original build but in general, is there a lot of work on a good running non-road legal car to get it road legal? It was built by AB Performance so I assume it's a well built car but thought I'd ask here for any advice :)

It's the very top end of my budget and with it not being road legal thats another cost I'd have to factor in, the car looks nice but it was only just sold in December and back up already after the new owner has changed his mind.

Thanks!

I'd guess about £1500 plus a complete strip down and rebuild, to produce the photos needed for IVA file / paperwork.

10 hours ago, AdamR said:

I'd guess about £1500 plus a complete strip down and rebuild, to produce the photos needed for IVA file / paperwork.

May be able to use the original builder’s pics if he has any? Would save a strip down. 

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

May be able to use the original builder’s pics if he has any? Would save a strip down. 

Good idea, it sounds like it has been built, then rebuilt using the CBR1000 engine via AB Performance so the original build photos might be long gone through the previous previous owner. Worth asking though I suppose!

On 28/09/2018 at 18:03, Stephen W said:

Like I said bolt one on. 30 min job with 2 people. 

Yes youll have to drill the chassis just like Westfield would.

Sorry to recover this... but.. I'm now fitting a plays Kool roll cage from having a RAC half cage... and I would really appreciatte the 30 minutes bolt on trick please. XD:p

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.