First ever track day - Three Sisters 20/8/18

SteH

Experienced my first ever track day this week. Went to Three Sisters “Road Car Track Day”. I believe this is a new format of event for Three Sisters run on their “Full Circuit”. In theory there can be up to 40 cars on the day each getting 7 x 15 minute sessions on track. Maximum of 10 cars on track at a time. The reality was somewhat better in that there were only 9 cars there! We had 7 x 15 minute sessions each in the morning and then the afternoon was run as open pit lane. A lot of the time I had the track to myself. The track is quite small, tight & twisty with only short straights, so top speeds are quite low. In my opinion it is an ideal place for a first go at a track day, and I would recommend it to any one looking for this. Tuition was also available, I had 2 x 15 minute sessions which was also good.

Great to see you on track. How did the throttle bodies behave? It's sometimes nice to have other cars to follow, to learn the best lines and then to overtake, once you've learned how well your car grips :d

didn't see your shift lights come on in the video, were you changing early rather than reving it's nuts off. They love being reved :cool:

2 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Great to see you on track. How did the throttle bodies behave? It's sometimes nice to have other cars to follow, to learn the best lines and then to overtake, once you've learned how well your car grips :d

didn't see your shift lights come on in the video, were you changing early rather than reving it's nuts off. They love being reved :cool:

To be honest I didn't really notice any issues with the throttles on track, the drive home was horrendous though. At one point sat at traffic lights with it "idling" at 3000rpm!

Video is from late on the day, hence no other cars on track. I was knackered by then and going a bit slower "trying" to experiment with "heel & toe". The shift lights were on earlier honest:p but that also lead to the high oil pressure alarm, so tried not to set that strobe off in my face too often!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Glad you enjoyed :yes: New tarmac looks tons better!

Cheers Adam. Yes the surface seems pretty good - no potholes!

• Like 1