Peak District Rudyard Run, Saturday 1st Sept

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

17 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

There will be a number of Manchester Marauders joining you at the lake hotel Julie.

we will do our own circular northern Peak District run including the cat and fiddle and meet you at our southern most point.

at the mo we have. 

Jim and Julie Cunliffe

Paul and Margaret Hurdsfield 

Graham Diggle

any more get yer names down here:t-up:

The more the merrier, though as 'Manchester Marauders' don't expect Gravy on your cakes. (N.B. You'll do well to get any, if @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO is about :p

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

I thought you were bringing yours for me, Dave.

That was the plan, it’s in the car, along with the spare flag poles(!!) ready to go. :d

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LukeW said:

If you still have room I wouldn’t mind tagging along, as weather is looking good :d

Come on over @LukeW

I'm going to be joined by my better half (Emma) for tomorrow's run out. Looking forward to it :d

:orange-westy::yellow-westy::black-westy::yellow-westy::lb-westy::dg-westy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LukeW said:

If you still have room I wouldn’t mind tagging along, as weather is looking good :d

Be good to meet you :yes:

What a truely fantastic and eye opening event! 

I thought it might drag at first, but not a chance, Ian carefully skirted any issues and addressed any concerns!

:bc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

What a truely fantastic and eye opening event! 

I thought it might drag at first, but not a chance, Ian carefully skirted any issues and addressed any concerns!

:bc:

Some of the bends were a bit tight and those at the back of the convoy had to make up ground. :p

• Haha 1

Great to meet everyone again, these meet in the middle runs are just the job to sort out the North South divide

IMG_7070.JPG

IMG_7071.JPG

IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

IMG_7069.JPG

• Like 4

So @Alfascozzesi, you want photo's do you? well prepare yourself. I have legs in black stockings, holding Westfield car keys with pink painted nails, are you ready...open your eyes NOW

DSC05394.JPG

Today is Ian's 50th birthday, and his family set him up good and proper. He was to come out on a run through the Peak District and then we were to finish near his home so his wife and 2 daughters could come and join us all for lunch. The car was trimmed up with '50' banners and Ian was.........well I will let you decide what Ian was - a ruddy good sport for being brave enough to entertain us all with it, I think.

It's the hairy chest in the dress that disturbs me the most

DSC05393.JPG

A mad granny making a run for it

DSC05395.JPG

Hilarious, I haven't laughed this much since.....since we all dressed as Santa in the cars last December....it was so funny and really set the party atmosphere going

DSC05396.JPG

It's a good job that Marks and Spencer are up to date with their gender neutral facilities because Ian was not sure which toilet to use, ladies or gents.

DSC05402.JPG

Dry your eyes and stop laughing for a minute while I get on with my story. We met at Ashbourne - Ian and Charlotte, Jon, Dave, Stuart, Paul (VX220) and Pat, Rob, Luke and Lucy, Andy, Scott and Emma, and Stephen in the XI.

DSC05403.JPG

That made for a 10 car convoy, we set off through Ashbourne to very soon leave the main road and onto the finest of Peak District routes, especially found for Ian's birthday treat. They were empty, twisty, there were fast bits and there were scenic slow bits. It was a thoroughly good run and we arrived in good time at The Rudyard Hotel.

Leaving Ashbourne

DSC05407.JPG

Cars as far as the eye can see

DSC05411.JPG

Through Ashbourne. We picked up Jordan and his father at Hulme End, which is where we regrouped. At this point we had lost Jon, who was a little bit over hot and went home to sort it out.

DSC05419.JPG

And to The Hotel Rudyard

DSC05440.JPG

Ian's wife and other daughter arrived soon after, then the Manchester Mob arrived

Richard

DSC05443.JPG

Paul and Margaret

DSC05445.JPG

Jim and Julie

DSC05446.JPG

Graham and a couple in a Tiger were there too, but I did not get a photo, sorry. Thank you to Paul for adding to our day by bringing everyone down with him.

I had booked a table for 18 and there was actually 27 of us, credit to the hotel though, they coped very well with it.

Ian and his daughters with the 50 candles blazing on his cake

DSC05449.JPG

DSC05450.JPG

The Hotel is on a lake so we went down to have a sea-side moment. 

DSC05451.JPG

It certainly was a day to remember, we will laugh about this for a long time to come, it's a good job that Ian takes it all so well, he is brilliant like that, always up for a mad moment, happy birthday Ian and enjoy the rest of your day.

Next weekend Ian is back in his normal attire, I hope so anyway, he did seem to get quite comfortable as the day went on, with his Dyno Day in Warrington. We hope to see you all the weekend after.

Jon, you looked great, it's the first time I have seen your Westfield, I need a peek under that bonnet though. Hope you get everything fixed ready for next time.

DSC05400.JPG

• Like 6