Curborough Speed Series Spectating, Sat 25th Aug, 12.00

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

We are going to watch the Speed Series at Curborough Sprint Course, Lichfield on Saturday 25th August. They will be there all day and we will get there around midday. The plan is to have a walk down the paddocks, watch a few timed laps and then go in search of the sugary stuff. Does anyone want to join us? 

• Like 1

I'll let Gail know, I've a Harley ride out already sorted.

Sorry Julie, I'd love to, but I have family commitments.:(

Could be tempted!

On 20/08/2018 at 22:03, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

then go in search of the sugary stuff.

As I live only a few miles away, I have a bit of local knowledge (more focussed on pubs than cake shops, but I'm happy to expand my horizons)

I have a possible "sugary" location just five minutes from Curborough - drop me a PM if you haven't already sorted somewhere

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On my holibobs..... have a good day  

5 minutes ago, Trevturtle said:

On my holibobs..... have a good day  

You have a great hol too!

Quite a few of us will be competing. Matthew Haynes. Howard Gaskin, Steve and Terry Everall, Garry Bunn, Derek Hodder, myself and probably someone else who I have unintentionally missed

• Like 2

Thanks @John, thought you might have invited Steve and Roz, we could have raided their tin for cake :d

@NigelO I do have a bit of a plan but I am always interested in new places to eat cake  go.

The plan is this, and beware, I am off my Peak District patch so I have taken recent advice and made a bit of a route up, I don't actually have a clue where I am going.

Left out of Curborough and left at the end of the road to take the 1st right. A short section of the A51 and then head over Blithfield Reservoir.

Left and right to Uttoxeter 

Past the JCB factory at Rocester, runs us straight into the Denstone Hall Farm Shop and Cafe, known locally on here as 'The Lemon Meringue Cafe'

Any good? It's got to better than the A515 and it's speed camera mania

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

The plan is this, and beware, I am off my Peak District patch so I have taken recent advice and made a bit of a route up, I don't actually have a clue where I am going.

shshhhh, we'll never know. Your cake radar will guide you. :p

11 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Left out of Curborough and left at the end of the road to take the 1st right. A short section of the A51 and then head over Blithfield Reservoir.

Left and right to Uttoxeter 

Past the JCB factory at Rocester, runs us straight into the Denstone Hall Farm Shop and Cafe, known locally on here as 'The Lemon Meringue Cafe'

Any good? It's got to better than the A515 and it's speed camera mania

That route will take you through Rugeley, my home town, so my knowledge of the area is pretty good.

The road from Rugeley, across Blithfield Reservoir and over to Uttoxeter is epic - very fast and flowing. Its one of my favourite "blow out the cobwebs" runs if I just want a 20-minute blat. Its not often that I get a clear run though - lots of 40mph dawdlers

I don't know the Denstone cake shop, but I do know that the road from Rocester to Ashbourne is VERY bumpy - not really suitable for pressing on in a Westy - fine for a gentle cruise though and still better than the A515 speed camera purgatory

I've replied to your PM, but I'll also have a think about possible alternatives

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may have a ride up to curbs Saturday if the weather is ok 

sure I can something westfield related to drive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

The Lemon Meringue Cafe'

:cry:

• Sad 1