New Member in the NW

Space is the Place

Hi All, my second post here! (and paging Smudge 23! )Hopefully will be attending the Gold Cup meet at Oulton Park, would like to have a chat to Westfield owners about their cars while im there.

Over the last few months have been to Toybox cars and to the Westfield factory, so am looking to replace the very rusty MX5 with something a bit faster and more visceral (as a longtime motorcyclist). In fact the there is an ideal car in the classifieds that'd get me started, but the owner hasn't put any contact details on his ad! (

cheers, Jon

Edited by Space is the Place

Calling @Smudge23 

not sure you can PM being a trial member but you could give it a go, but he should get notified to this post now.

Hello from Stoke-on-Trent:ww:

Good luck with the hunt!

11 hours ago, Space is the Place said:

Hi All, my second post here! (and paging Smudge 23! )Hopefully will be attending the Gold Cup meet at Oulton Park, would like to have a chat to Westfield owners about their cars while im there.

Over the last few months have been to Toybox cars and to the Westfield factory, so am looking to replace the very rusty MX5 with something a bit faster and more visceral (as a longtime motorcyclist). In fact the there is an ideal car in the classifieds that'd get me started, but the owner hasn't put any contact details on his ad! (so if anyone knows Smudge 23 could they get him to message his contact details, or tell him to give us a text on 0787 1760007)

cheers, Jon

Y may be in Oulton park... not sure yet. will drop you a line!

Cheers.

Maurici.

Thanks All!

Will try and get over one of the days at Oulton and have a chat about the cars, good to know there are quite a few members close by (im in Crewe). My friend does have two Westfields, one with a Vauxhall red-top and the other with a crossflow. Both are before the Caterham/Westfield spat, so are early(ish) cars, although i've not seen either for quite a few years as he's got them tucked away in a barn at his friends.

Im in crewe too...

Just come by mines if you want a drive out...

Cheers Maurici, will take you up on that at some point! Hopefully see you at Oulton, let us know what day your going.

Like i put in an earlier post i've got my eye on a car that looks right, and would be a good basis for me to start with. I don't think as far as work goes i'll have time to build a car myself from scratch even though i've been offered a good size space to build one in by a friend.

11 minutes ago, Space is the Place said:

Cheers Maurici, will take you up on that at some point! Hopefully see you at Oulton, let us know what day your going.

Like i put in an earlier post i've got my eye on a car that looks right, and would be a good basis for me to start with. I don't think as far as work goes i'll have time to build a car myself from scratch even though i've been offered a good size space to build one in by a friend.

I've dropped you a whats app...

Superb car that, less than half the price it would cost you to build new. Go for it :d

8 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Welcome to the club. Why not build your rusty mx5 into Westfield? 

Yes been thinking about that since i discovered there are kits based on the MX5, i'll be very sorry to see the car retired really, would be good if it could live on in a kit, the engine and gearbox are great in it. The MK chassis looks interesting, but i like the fact Westfield have been going for a while and aren't far away. I have some of the skills needed and the tools and space to do it, but its time that's in short supply!