Newbie introduction, a long long winding road

hammie

Hi All.

After years of wanting one i have finally got round to putting another tick on the bucket list following my split and divorse. I have acquired a 96 SEIW with a 2 litre red top. OMG what fun the drive back was on Saturday to Winchester. Just got to sell a Maserati now.

My componet car bug started in the mid eighties when i used to work for Rickman Brothers who not only made the Rickman Ranger but made the chassis and bodywork for several other manufacturers including a cobra replica. Since then years of going to Le Mans and seeing the little cars flying along i thought one day and Saturday was it.

Im sure i will be along a lot to pick your brains as i get into up grades but for the mean time i shall try and learn more from the forum. I want to change wheels, upgrade brakes, fit aeroscreen, LED rear lights(already purchased)

Cheers for now

Jon

:ww:from Essex.

You do realise that if there are no photos, it doesn't actually exist! :d

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure it was a members car a few years ago as in the pack of paperwork are some old WSCC club magazines. A lot of invoices to Yeovil for the original build purchases. 

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Classy looking car, will make a nice pairing with the Maserati ;)

Welcome and careful with the to do list in case it becomes Triggers Broom! 

10 hours ago, CeeBee said:

Welcome and careful with the to do list in case it becomes Triggers Broom! 

Haha.

I built a suprrmoto a few years ago and it got very obsessive. I wanted to change a Honda XR 650 to black. They were only available in red so I commissioned Acerbis to run of 100 rear mudguards in black. An then commisioned an engineering company to make an ally fuel tank the same as a Honda CRF so I could use black. It got very expensive. I will be a bit more careful. Promise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1