New member saying Hi..

Rob the Red Top

As a new member I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.

I'm Rob and a recent 'ish' convert to the Westfield world which I am far loving. I bought her from a former member (Gadget if anyone knows him) earlier in the year and have been busy upgrading her ever since. I sold my Stage 4 SC VX220 as I struggled to get on with it and it was a huge money pit that was bleeding me dry.. I also had a brief time owning a 7 three years ago I thought I would go Westfield.. I have decided not to use her on the road so its going to be a Sprint/Hill Climb Track day only car.

I've so far added an aero screen, sorted out the wiring and lost of other bits,  (more to do) had a full geo, fitted an SBD exhaust, forged Red top on tapered Jenvies, flowed Costcast head, dry sump, dropped the gearing from 3.9 to 4.7 and new wheels and tyres.. Its not back yet, and its taking ages, but I guess you cant rush these things... I will need to upgrade my gearbox this winter and not sure where to go in terms of what to use.. I would love a Sequential but they are out of my price range after the engine work, so maybe a Straight Cut Type 9?

I'm running 15s as 13s wont fit over the VW Golf rear callipers, but to be honest I found it fine at Blyton and Donni (with the old stock Red Top) so I'm going to stick with them.

I met a couple of really nice guys at Shelsley Walsh last week (John and his immaculate cream Red Top) and some very helpful guys on the FB group so I certainly think I made the right choice buying my first Westie. :-)

Thanks

Rob

20180616_122655.jpg

20180705_082552.jpg

IMG-20180809-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180809-WA0004.jpg

received_2134061126853333.jpeg

• Like 3

Oh, and its a 1983 Narrow bodied Lightweight Race Chassis.. Not sure exactly what that means...

Welcome - Lovely looking car. Is the dashboard new? Just wondering where you've hidden the tacho !,

• Thanks 1

Thank you both.. It has a computer one attached to the dashboard.. Prefer old school myself so maybe another winter job ..

Welcome RTRT, nice looking car. 

I am due to collect my first Westy in a few weeks and I’m looking to upgrade the exhaust soon. Just wondered about yours and the purpose of the springs? Is this to allow easy removal/disassembly? 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1