Crash Helmet - Hire, Borrow or Buy

IanD

Haha. Its certainly looking that way now :down:  

They don't do them them selves they go back to the manufacturers Sparco in Italy and i think there lies the problem. 

Its only just 2 years old and wasn't used last year at all so wasn't very impressed that the strap was falling apart. Perhaps i should have known better with Italian build quality :d:suspect:

I am all sorted now thanks to a kind donor (in fact 2 now) so will be out at the weekend.

Many thanks to all that offered help and made suggestions. Its a great club and shows what the Speed series is all about :t-up:

• Like 4

Ian

I had the same strap problem with my Spark helmet! and DT were useless and said it could not be repaired even though it was only 2 years old!

But I did sort it !

I will PM you

• Haha 1

Had the same problem in my sparco Too. The very end of my strap was starting to fall appart just before the bush button. As is not an integrity problem (and not affecting the working area), is just that the end wasn't sealed properly, I sorted It myself.

A very very small ammount of trimming to even the edges, a bit of soft glue, two small pieces of black fabric and some stitches to hold it toghether. You can't barely notice it...

Been scrutiniered like this for a year and a half... (it happened very early and I couldn't be bothered to go to demon tweeks as they are useles) and thanks good not any scrutinieer has had anything to say about it. but I know if they do, I'm srewd... so I was as Tidy as i could.

I see a theme here.

Sparco seem to have a quality problem :oops:

I did try and stop mine to but i let it get too far. the press stud thing had already fallen of and was getting a bit short.

Probably would have tried harder if I had know how long it was going to take

3 minutes ago, IanD said:

I see a theme here.

Sparco seem to have a quality problem :oops:

I did try and stop mine to but i let it get too far. the press stud thing had already fallen of and was getting a bit short.

Probably would have tried harder if I had know how long it was going to take

Will post the thing i did toonight if i remember... not much of a use right now, but may help future users.

Same happened with my Hedtec. Superglue sorted it, you'll see what I mean Ian!

Well I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't said to be honest.

so you must have done a good job. well good enough to fool me which isn't hard :d

Thanks again for the loan much appreciated. I owe you a beer or 3 

The sides of my strap frayed quite badly!

On 22/08/2018 at 14:56, Terzo204 said:

Didn't know you can get repairs from DT.

They just forward them to the manufacturer..