iPhone 6S - difficulty hearing on call

Greenstreak-Andy D

I have had this iPhone 6S for 2 and half years. It is now annoying the H**l out of me.

When i take or make a call it is impossible to hear the person speaking to me if there is any background noise, and i mean anything. A mouse farting would kill the conversation!

So i took the ruddy thing to Apple shop in Trafford centre, had the usual geek come and ask what was wrong. After my simple explanation they said they would get Apple support to phone me!! I left the shop muttering expletives to myself!

Next google, which gave advice of switching off noise cancelling, checking S/W was upto date and making sure there was no obvious dirt in the microphone or ear piece.

Tried the sellotape and toothpick trick on the earpiece and noise cancelling microphone, ran through all the ruddy settings and still no real difference.

Anyone else had this issue?

Looking for advice, do i just send phone back to apple for a service / repair, or just cancel the current sim only contract and take out a new contract phone....

Andy

Rub alcohol with a cotton bud over the ear piece, you will be surprised as it works   

24 minutes ago, Peter Robinson said:

Rub alcohol with a cotton bud over the ear piece, you will be surprised as it works   

Will do, and it better do so as i don't like wasting my alcohol!! 

Thanks for the tip

That spoils both the whisky and the orange! The only mixer with whisky should be water - or more whisky!

I admit to a penchant for an occasional whisky sour though...

Tried Vodka, but I was caught by Jo who wasn’t impressed..... it is her vodka!

Not much improvement unfortunately. Think I’m looking at a new contact phone.

Andy

Tried a spray can of compressed air?  You can usually get them from PC World, etc to use for cleaning keyboards.

3 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Tried a spray can of compressed air?  You can usually get them from PC World, etc to use for cleaning keyboards.

In your ear or the phone earpiece :p It reminds me of a bad Swedish Chemist deodorant joke- ball or aerosol , "no , for under my arms" :getmecoat:

• Haha 2

As long as you have patience I would suggest doing it yourself. The parts are cheap, and Ifixit website has all the how to guides. I tend to replace microphones, charging ports and speakers every few months for the mrs due to her inability to keep it clean. 

35 minutes ago, Tim.McKeegan said:

As long as you have patience I would suggest doing it yourself. The parts are cheap, and Ifixit website has all the how to guides. I tend to replace microphones, charging ports and speakers every few months for the mrs due to her inability to keep it clean. 

Took a look, tbh this scares me to death!

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone_6s

This guide pretty much takes everything off, and a new speaker and microphone is probably circa £15 plus your time. 

Just take your time, and lots of pictures.