Anybody know this one? Help

Skypeller

Hi been in touch with the “owners” of this one and I’m keen to view and potentially buy, stolen recovered but was found by the guy who owns it, as ditched and only suffered mild damage (spare wheel carrier and rear light) he claimed ownership of it through the police and Dvla he said. I’ve asked for proof of this. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263872875729

Say what?  He has claimed ownership through the DVLA?  With an ad like this (i.e. no information) and that sort of "history" I'd be walking a mile

Why would you have to claim ownership for your own car? Surely the police would be happy to return it to the registered keeper. How and why did this get mentioned? It's on the advert.

Does the chassis number match the V5? 

Is the person you are buying it on the V5 and is it at the address on the V5.

Mmmm sounds abit strange this one

They are all coming out the wood work this week .

But that number plate looks familiar

And i very much doubt westfield with have any info on the car

It’s soooo strange the car was dumped overnight by a council depot on the commute the guy does for home to work & back. 

He moved the car from blocking the road it had very minor damage and left it there for 3 days, said he called it into the cops and dvla but they basically said it’s not reported stolen and they contacted the owner who was based 140 miles away in east London (I have his name and address but no contact phone no.) he says he sold it but gave the v5 to the new keeper and tbey took it away...... suddenly it turns up dumped in a Shropshire village  just south of Shrewsbury .... 

It doesn’t mention any of this on the advert I had to ask where he bought it from and how long he had it and with a bit of a pause he told me the story 

I would have thought the police would seize the car because it only had mot but no tax or insurance there it was blocking the road illegally in every way 

• Like 1

Ooooo, this brings back some memories of chasing my tail just to try to do the right thing... :bangshead:

4 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Ooooo, this brings back some memories of chasing my tail just to try to do the right thing... :bangshead:

For this car?

Maybe was used for something more sinister than a joy ride and the original owner who “sold it” needed shot of it quick hence nobody actually ‘bought it’ according to the v5 

Yep. :(

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.