Cadwell dates

BenD

1 minute ago, Ben (bunje) said:

What group was that in Gary 

R53 owners club

I'm a bit lost for words.. it sounds like the trackday from hell. I cant imagine what the briefing was like.. the café must have been chocka! .. or the paddock? :(

the cafe to me didnt seem any different to a normal trackday but the paddock was rammed i think most of the grass parts were full

12 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Are you doing the November date Jim? 

Yes I'll Definitley be there providing it's not snowing !

Three Sisters need supporting or it will be lost to us,although it could probably survive with the Karting we don't want to lose the car days.

3 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Paddock was very busy. If you know Cadwell you should be able to judge by this shot. 

3BA27DDF-7EAF-45F4-8D90-812ABEA9F2B6.jpeg

and you can also judge how **** the wather was

12 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Thing is, a “computer error” is an easy cop out. But if you have dozens more booked on than the maximum allowed, surely you should get back to the last of the late boomers and apologise with a full refund and maybe a discount code to smooth the waters.  

The cynic in me says it’s convenient to “discover” the problem on the actual day long after the money is in the bank. I booked in August, so there must have been time to work out the numbers!

I’m sure 60 drivers equates to making a profit, so 120 and you are more than quids in - making the offer of a free place on a date in December very easy to cover especially when most won't bother taking it up. 

Completely agree he should have got in touch before the day and offered refunds for the late bookers, there's no way he didn't know.

I see where your cynic is coming from... and it did cross my mind that nowhere near everyone at Cadwell yesterday will make it to Snett. And even if half of them did, that day would be a nightmare too!

Also thought that maybe ha bargained on a lot of people not bothering to turn up - October at Cadwell can be a tricky place and some might not attend if the weather isn't good...

4 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Also thought that maybe ha bargained on a lot of people not bothering to turn up - October at Cadwell can be a tricky place and some might not attend if the weather isn't good...

That's not a very good business model Adam.. :(  It was a cheap day, I hope he's not going down high numbers cheap day route.. Did someone mention he was aiming for 90 cars? It's workable, but I'd rather see less. 

i think this is the way hese going, booking larger numbers. you always get a few drop outs close to the time cut off for the terms and conditions of a refund so if he books more on and that happens he gets away with it. even though it was a website problem yesterday, alarm bells should have been rining with more than double the amount of money for the day that something was wrong surley

I’m just glad it wasn’t my first ever track day as it would have put me off for life!

I was really fed up and felt a bit despondent driving home and will be wary of any “bargain” days in future. Better off paying more with a reputable company and actually getting some decent track time in. 

23 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I’m just glad it wasn’t my first ever track day as it would have put me off for life!

Yup, there'd no doubt be a few first timers there that thought that was a what a trackday was..