Los Christianos

Jonk179

Hello all,

My wife,2 year old daughter and mother in law and I are going to Los Chrisrianos in Teneriefe next week. We have never been before. We are there for 2 weeks, has anyone been and got any recommendations for places to visit, eat etc?

Thanks

I went a few years ago. There are two parts to Los cristianos and old town and a new town. New Town is a bit more lively nice walk along the sea from upto playa de Las americas which is a also a bit more lively. There was a small land train that goes around we went on that the last few days of our holiday and discovered the old town nice quiet quaint place. I can't recommend anywhere to eat as I stayed in an all inclusive hotel. 

Aqualand was also a decent day out if your looking for a water park. And a trip up the volcano is also worth a look but wrap up warm it gets cold up there. It can snow up there even in the height of summer 

Drove up to Mt Teide one visit with a load of food for a picnic in the car.  Got to about 8,000 foot up and there was an almighty BANG! in the car, just about soiled myself and nearly swerved into a ditch.  Turned out to be a big bag of crisps exploding due to the lower air pressure at that height.  Crisps everywhere.

The cable car to the top is quite dramatic. :)