AdamR

The Lobster (88 SE Rebuild)

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Has Maurici pre approved this one? :d

Lloks like it should be an interesting build to watch!

• Haha 2

Ben (bunje)

This is going to be one to watch :yes:

Andrew

A re spray? Do you know how heavy paint is! ;)

AdamR

Yes, about 4-5kg :d

BCF

Love it dude! I feel a build weekend is in order...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

I spotted the Lobster lurking at Luke’s last time I was there. It’s like a Westy Aladdin’s Cave!

• Like 1

maurici

@AdamR i managed to miss this despite im tagged twice...

Well. La langosta sounds great. In fact,  in Spain wee call this sort off cars Langoustins... witch are te tiny brothers of the "langosta". So, the name is great. "La langosta" Sticker is on me. Design is under maturation now...

Please put some decent JK's on it, and leave some space for random stickers for when i buy it... :)

p.d. im pretty sure you can cut with abrasive and polish back the gelcoat to recover the actual colour!!

20180813_214855.png

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO
On 10/08/2018 at 22:12, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I spotted the Lobster lurking at Luke’s last time I was there. It’s like a Westy Aladdin’s Cave!

Was at Luke’s today. Turns out I was wrong about La Langosta, but still right about the magic lamp dude’s abode :d

• Haha 1

AdamR

Haha, yeah it was stashed at Chris' place, which I didn't realise was so far away :laugh: That was a long day...

Cheers for the logo Maurici!

AdamR

Some progress, mainly taking apart today... but I did sand back the windscreen fillet and the gel coat is still red underneath. @maurici has offered to help sand the whole bodywork back. I think he's an idiot :laugh:

IMG-20180819-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.22a654c05cb855db70151c9d4535c9aa.jpeg

Spent quite a lot of brain power thinking about various parts of the car recently and thought I'd cracked a solution for using a 2.9 rack with Cortina uprights and still ending up with quick-ish steering. Sadly I'd been a muppet and forgot the rack was in front of the hubs, so the Ackerman would have been totally screwed up rather than going in the right direction.

I'll get some alloy uprights and short steering arms instead, means I have an extra item to add to the list of parts for sale (Cortina uprights!).

Spent a couple of hours this afternoon tearing bits off and here's the latest - all 91kg of it (lighter than I expected!).

IMAG0275.thumb.jpg.ac0181221ec8c5d412074ce90f629124.jpg

Rear axle, diff, shafts and brakes weigh 40kg. It's clear why live axle cars are so much lighter than independent, a Sierra diff alone without the Lobros is about 29kg!

Got a heap of parts on the way but don't think I'll get any time on it for the next 2 weeks due to busy work and a short holiday.

• Like 3

maurici
2 hours ago, AdamR said:

Some progress, mainly taking apart today... but I did sand back the windscreen fillet and the gel coat is still red underneath. @maurici has offered to help sand the whole bodywork back. I think he's an idiot :laugh:

F@ck off.

Your mate is up for doing the most tedious and useless of the jobs so you can have a nice car, and is an Idiot.

I don't like you anymore. :(

• Haha 4

syman84
22 hours ago, maurici said:

F@ck off.

Your mate is up for doing the most tedious and useless of the jobs so you can have a nice car, and is an Idiot.

I don't like you anymore. :(

Maybe we should all get an invite to a beach party at Adams place.

He provides the sand(paper),food and beers and he might end up with some free labor and a good looking body.

Dave (OnliestSmeg) -  Manchester AO
15 minutes ago, syman84 said:

Maybe we should all get an invite to a beach party at Adams place.

He provides the sand(paper),food and beers and he might end up with some free labor and a good looking body.

Assume you're referring to the Lobsters body not Adam's! :p

Could be entertaining.

• Haha 1

maurici

You obviously havent learnt anything... if you do that, you become an idiot!

• Haha 2