Curborough Breakfast Meet, Sat 11th August, lunch in Ashbourne

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

On Saturday, 11th August it is the Curborough Breakfast Meet at Curborough Sprint Course, Lichfield, WS13 8EJ. Breakfast is served from 8.30 until 12. The plan for us is to get there mid-morning, have a nosey and see what's on the track and down in the paddocks, before heading up to the Okeover Arms, Ashbourne for lunch. It is  a 45 minute drive to the Okeover Arms, it is a straight road with average 50 mph speed cameras on, so don't expect the excitement of last weekends shenanigans. If you want some wiggling around the Peak District we can make it happen afterwards.

If it rains, just stay in bed and do some indoorsy things.

Anyone joining us?

• Like 2

Hopefully. :yes:

• Like 1

Can we have the same weather as last Sun,:cool: please?

• Like 1

Yep.  Although I can't  join you in Ashboune.  A birthday party n birmingham  :bc:

• Like 1

Great stuff, not sure if we will get the sun like last week though Ian. I am sure Trevor will keep up the Westfield Sponge Cake Club tradition and have some birthday cake for us.

I have set a nice, little, scenic route, only half hour from the Okeover Arms to take us on, to a cute place that has passed the taste test. I have posted a photo below, it is the sort of place that has the yummy home baked stuff, you know, tea pots, cups and saucers to go with it, you get my gist, you are drooling at the thought :d. The current forecast is 20 degrees, we might even be able to sit outside.

DSC03742.JPG

• Like 1

We have family stuff on this weekend so hope you have a great time and miss the showers :marto:

• Sad 1

Shock, horror, we have never been to Curborough without a hug from Martyn and Sue, have a great day and hope to have hugs soon

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Shock, horror, we have never been to Curborough without a hug from Martyn and Sue, have a great day and hope to have hugs soon

Have to settle for a virtual hug then:)

Blimey, 9 cars again, anyone would think it was summer. There were 8 cars at Curborough with Jordan and his father joining us in Ashbourne later, making 9 in total. 

DSC05219.JPG

At Curborough were Trevor, Ian, Stuart, Dave, Gail (no Ali, he was on the Harley in the Elan Valley), Andy, Andy and Oscar, Rob and his son.

Paul VX has sold his GT86 and bought a M240i BMW to show to us, complete with matching number plate, nice one Mr H.

DSC05207.JPG

The inevitable soon happened and off came the bonnets

DSC05208.JPG

The other inevitable soon happened when I started to take a panorama photograph, everyone set off running, even me when Glen got the camera

DSC05214.JPG

Andy, Gail, Trevor and Rob and his son had other commitments and went on their way, while we set off to Ashbourne and the Okeover Arms for lunch. The driving was a bit different to last week but it is still nice to be driving a Westfield in a convoy, don't underestimate it.

The Okeover Arms, a large car park, lots of outside seating and great food, champion. Glen said the beer was good too, rub it in.

DSC05222.JPG

While we were sat having lunch....

DSC05225.JPG

...Jordan and his father arrived and parked up with us at The Okeover Arms.

DSC05227.JPG

Bored with the straight road from Curborough, we needed some of those super roads, deep in the Peak District, plus we needed cake. We set off and it was busy, and it got busier. OK it was moving but, on the small roads, it was comparatively slow for a convoy of Westfields. Soon the reason was to be revealed, it was the Manifold Country Show, so the  normally quiet roads you can bomb about on were not as much fun as I would have liked. We arrived at Wetton Village Hall and Tea Room......

DSC05234.JPG

DSC05228.JPG

.....just in time for a monkeys tea party, with cake of course

DSC05231.JPG

Ian went topless for the second time today

DSC05233.JPG

It's been great to catch up with everyone's news, cars are never dull things and there is always something being fiddled with, well put it this way there was not a quiet moment all day. Lots of fun and quick witted banter, especially from the Honda fraternity, which we all love. Thanks for a fantastic day yet again, here are a few more photos.

Rob plus son

DSC05220.JPG

Trevor

DSC05221.JPG

Andy fixes aeroplanes for a living and informed me that the large, slow plane I could see was the Airbus 380, was just coming in to land from the Emirates. Never off duty eh.

DSC05216.JPG

DSC05217.JPG

• Like 6

Great write up Julie. I see you  managed to catch Oscar eating his  cornetto without turning his head away. You must teach me these tricks!

Oscar and I really enjoyed the day, luckily arrived home and no rain!

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like another fun day. 

Work got in the way. But. I now have an MOT and a referred front calliper. 

One day soon........

• Like 2

Out of interest I think someone should do a comparison chart for these Peak District runs out, calories eaten versus mile's driven!!!! :laugh:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CosKev said:

Out of interest I think someone should do a comparison chart for these Peak District runs out, calories eaten versus mile's driven!!!! :laugh:

No, no, someone should DEFINITELY not do that! :d

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

No, no, someone should DEFINITELY not do that! :d

It's pretty obvious which side of the chart would win!:ph34r:

You could join us Kev, you clearly have the appropriate sense of humour and crazy ideas :d

eat drive eat drive eat drive

• Haha 1