Clan McWesty dates / events

Gary Taylor

Hi all as you knowAugust was going to be a quieter month but there are still a few things planned,

Aug 12th is cars and coffee at Inverness, 10-12. We will be leaving Dufftown at 8.30 ish not sure after that as we are meant to be meeting a photographer , will update as we go

Aug 19th is the Eyemouth run

Aug 25th is the mystery navigation run organised by Brad who has put a lot of effort into it, so if we can get as much support as possible it would be great

Sept 2 is Bo'ness revival, stand places are now closed but you can still come and support us and see some great cars tackling the course

If you can manage along to any of these drop me a line, or if your having a day out pop it up on here, you might get some company .....

Regards Gary

Just a heads up Gary (and anybody else thinking of going) - Cars and Coffee meet in Inverness has changed venue. It's now at Rollerbowl on Culduthel Road, next to Inverness Royal Academy.

I don't know why it's changed suddenly, but I suspect it may have something to do with the idiots in other cars racing away from the V8 Cafe last month, and I think the cafe owner was distinctly unimpressed by them. We were very sedate and responsible by comparison.

I don't think I can make it on Sunday anyway, as I may have to take my daughter to Clachtoll, but we'll see how we go. The plan is very fluid at the moment.

There's also the Historic Wheels event on at Brodie Castle, near Forres, that you might be interested in on Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

the eyemouth run whos going clan McWesty seems to have fallen apart ?????? first meeting point Lizzy Brice shell station for 10.30

Bob

• Like 1

11 hours ago, David-hrv said:

Just a heads up Gary (and anybody else thinking of going) - Cars and Coffee meet in Inverness has changed venue. It's now at Rollerbowl on Culduthel Road, next to Inverness Royal Academy.

I don't know why it's changed suddenly, but I suspect it may have something to do with the idiots in other cars racing away from the V8 Cafe last month, and I think the cafe owner was distinctly unimpressed by them. We were very sedate and responsible by comparison.

I don't think I can make it on Sunday anyway, as I may have to take my daughter to Clachtoll, but we'll see how we go. The plan is very fluid at the moment.

There's also the Historic Wheels event on at Brodie Castle, near Forres, that you might be interested in on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks David I did know about the change of venue and yes your right it’s the ones holding it on the Rev limiter in a public place

had it confirmed we’re off to do a westy photo shoot with the photographer on Sunday afternoon so it will be cars n coffee then pics for us

10 hours ago, ziplob said:

the eyemouth run whos going clan McWesty seems to have fallen apart ?????? first meeting point Lizzy Brice shell station for 10.30

Bob

Cheers Bob, yes don’t know what’s happening lately a bit of apathy maybe, time will tell, have a good run and grab a couple of pics if you can 

Gary

Sorry, I can't make the Eyemouth run, nor the Bo'ness Revival weekend - not apathy on my part, just busy doing other things. I still plan to do the mystery navigation run, likely solo, in the Westfield if the weather's reasonable, but in a tin top (my other V8 :d) if it's likely to be raining all day as I have no weather gear on my Westy :dg-westy: or, if anyone's looking for a nav, happy to do that, or, if anyone wants to be a nav, you're welcome to join me :)

• Like 1

@ziplob Crap turn-out, huh. We've decided we'll swerve Eyemouth and save ourselves for the next weekend.

hi any idea on times for eyemouth, i live 10 mins away, would pop down ? also any one around the borders area heading up to boness could meet up on route ? cheers Jim.