Track day tyres supplier

Nic Surry

Hi I have Avon AC B10 in 8 x 22.00 x13” which I need to replace any known cheap suppliers of these or a recomended alternative make, new to track days so any help advice appreciated?

53ED0C1C-0F1A-4BEA-87AB-7B5780290305.jpeg

AF0D19B1-B9DC-457B-8006-38B0D0D94AC2.jpeg

All the grippy track day tyres are not cheap.  R888R , ACB10 and AO 48 are the best, your going to pay about £140 per tyre for these.

If you only have one set of wheels, then R1R tyres are a good all rounder for track, wet and dry and also good as a road tyre for all weathers. They  are relatively cheap but not so easy to find now, best to check out PlaysKool, Westfield Factory or the German on line tyre websites.

Hi My bad wording I was looking at a good discount supplier as apposed to cheap tyres I do have a set of slicks so the tyres I require would be for dry road use or wet weather track day use

I always found Camskill about as keenly priced as any, and excellent range and stock. However, if you want Avon competition or trackday tyres, it used to be that you could only get them from a company in Birmingham, BMRT or something like that from memory. Of course, I may be out of date now.

BMTR in Birmingham

I have a set of Nankang NS-2R semi-slicks. I have not yet used them but my son has a set on his BMW Z4M Coupé and he says they're pretty good. Nankang here

Evening Nic, hows tricks?

Will have to bring the toy down now.  Just did my first track day - brilliant fun.

I run Toyo R888 GG compound on the road 185 60 13s the old pattern at present - they're going to knock a hole in £400.  So I bought some part worn slicks off the company below.  You can find details of what they've got on E Bay but I went direct to find out what else they had.  I ended up with a set of Hankook 180 550 13s cost me £111 delivered and they came next day!  Apart from the wear on the tread they look brand new. Mine are C92 compound which I think is super soft.  I was surprised to find that the tread was actually 210!  and not the 180 on the sidewall or the 200 on the web site.  They were amazing on track.  You can't beat them for the money there's loads of options at similar cost including wets.

http://www.jdmotorsporttyres.co.uk/

Don’t forget to try your local tyre dealer as well, you may be surprised at their price. I bought my 4xR888R’s for £5 less than on line or track day tyre dealers, fitted and balanced as well.

19 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

I have a set of Nankang NS-2R semi-slicks. I have not yet used them but my son has a set on his BMW Z4M Coupé and he says they're pretty good. Nankang here

For the money they are good enough. Got them on my Westfield. Not done any wet work really so that's an unkown. Progressive enough for my talent levels on track and grippy enough on the road. £240 got me 4. Been on almost 10 months.  

That's good to hear SXRORY, thanks. My Westfield hasn't turned a wheel since I bought them.