Aeroscreen and Windscreen

NickBW

Hi all.

For those with aeroscreens, do you ever remove and install the windscreen again?

I am making a small shopping list from Carbon-NV (who am i kidding, its not small) and i have the Aeroscreen in my list.  I seem to remember on a few meets that members had the ability to swap to and from the Aeoscreen and Windscreen.  How are members able to do this? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, NickBW said:

Hi all.

For those with aeroscreens, do you ever remove and install the windscreen again?

I am making a small shopping list from Carbon-NV (who am i kidding, its not small) and i have the Aeroscreen in my list.  I seem to remember on a few meets that members had the ability to swap to and from the Aeoscreen and Windscreen.  How are members able to do this? 

Thanks

I swap mine over all the time. Ran the aero for a while, but got fed up with wearing a helmet, so screen went back on. But it would be back to aero for a track day.

Thanks Kev, are the mounting points for the areoscreen in the same location for the windscreen.  Might be better to discuss a week Sunday at the Essex meet 

13 minutes ago, NickBW said:

Thanks Kev, are the mounting points for the areoscreen in the same location for the windscreen.  Might be better to discuss a week Sunday at the Essex meet 

Definitely, given my arrangement is fairly unique!

• 2 weeks later...

I swapped from an aeroscreen to a windscreen on the previous car and have stuck with a windscreen ever since. I do occasionally miss the aeroscreen, but not that much to make the pain of a swappable system worthwhile.

Other than bespoke set up's like the old AA Composites aeroscreen. the best all-round solutions* I've seen have been those based around swapping between two scuttles, one with a windscreen, one with aero.

*I say all round, as if you just remove the windscreen to fit the aero, it's not really possible to properly seal the windscreen to the bodywork for truly all year round/all weather use.