Under 25 insurance

Jon Parker

I am trying to put my son on my Westfield insurance policy so he could drive it with me at the weekend. A Plan won't insure anyone under 25. Does anyone know of any companies that will?

Strange, I got a quote this year for my son from A-Plan, he's 23 and his daily is an MX 5 and I did say he drove it on track days , which may have been a factor. it was not cheap though (£200 ish) so I did not add him. 

I was honest and said no track experience in the car.

A Plan insured me when I was under 25?

Think I was 23 or 24 at the time so not 18 / 19 for example

8 hours ago, Jon Parker said:

I am trying to put my son on my Westfield insurance policy so he could drive it with me at the weekend. A Plan won't insure anyone under 25. Does anyone know of any companies that will?

Try Adrian Flux..they Insured my son. I had problems with A plan too... my son is 28 though.

• 2 weeks later...

For under 25's our insurers have quite a few tick boxes when it comes to experience in order for them to offer a quotation. The others who may cover with no real experience are Flux, Sky and Brentacre perhaps... once he's been named on the vehicle for about a year we can refer to our insurers if under 25 :) good luck!