Zetec blacktop alternator bracket NOW SORTED!

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

My alternator bracket has sheared 2 of the 3 mounting points :( I need one of these fairly urgent for a road trip ! anybody got one spare ?

IMG_4442.JPG

IMG_4443.JPG

• Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator changed the title to Zetec blacktop alternator bracket NOW SORTED!

got one now :)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 01/08/2018 at 11:33, marcusb said:

got one now :)

@marcusb - would you mind letting me know where you got it from, please - I have a similar problem and I’m finding one hard to track down. Cheers - D

9 hours ago, CherryTreeFW said:

@marcusb - would you mind letting me know where you got it from, please - I have a similar problem and I’m finding one hard to track down. Cheers - D

@CherryTreeFW I was able to purchase a new one from the Factory, obviously not a option now for you, you could get your current bracket welded/repaired I suppose?

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

@CherryTreeFW I was able to purchase a new one from the Factory, obviously not a option now for you, you could get your current bracket welded/repaired I suppose?

@marcusb - thanks for coming back to me so quickly. I’m resisting getting it repaired at the moment as the inherent weakness is in the design. I’m looking at a Retroford mounting kit which, subject to dimensions matching would be perfect. 

Not much else available so if that fails, I can fall back on a repair or probably a remake using the old one as a pattern. 

Thanks! D😀

My failure was weld rather than bracket design, the weld was shocking no V prep just looked like a surface tack weld!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.