Loton Park 25th & 26th August

graham frankland

Hi All

Meal and mini bus arranged as usual for the Saturday Night!

Once you have your entry confirmed in a couple of weeks time please let me know that you are in for the meal!

Thanks

Graham

• Thanks 1

As usual? Its alright for you guys as you have done it before.

And how do you know you have got an entry? No sign of life or contact possible with the HDLCC entry taker over the last couple of weeks. They seem a bit dozy.

23 hours ago, Richard Houlgate said:

As usual? Its alright for you guys as you have done it before.

And how do you know you have got an entry? No sign of life or contact possible with the HDLCC entry taker over the last couple of weeks. They seem a bit dozy.

Richard

The closing date for entries is the 10th August so they should be in touch with us all shortly after that date!

Hope this helps?

Regards

Graham

Yes thanks Graham, but along with a friend I was trying to find out if there was space to enter on Sunday before sending off the entry but it seems that the entry taker had gone on an extended holiday. it seems that most clubs nowadays have on line entry and post an up to date list of competitors.  

Well my entry is confirmed but I don't have a B****y crash helmet at the moment because I had to send it back to Sparco (Via Demon Tweeks) for a repair to the strap.

Chased them today and the factory is shut down to the end of the month! :bangshead: When i asked what I do now they put me on hold and eventually hung up on me. 

I told DT that I needed it back for the 25th Aug and gave it them over a Month ago and they said it would be fine.

To say I am upset is an understatement :angry:

I will be there some how and it will cost DT! Not impressed.

Rant over 

See you there! Entry confirmed. 

Ian, suggest that you go to DT and camp out until they give you another helmet.

Thanks Guys

Have written to them and will be following up with a call today.

Have said on my mail that I will happily go to the store and accept a loan or replacement ;)

See what happens today 

Please note that Sunday 26th August is the first day of the Shrewsbury Steam Rally which is held to the south of the A458 between Ford and the A5. This means that on Sunday evening traffic leaving the rally will cause long delays on the A458 east bound.

Best routes are:

If going north turn left out of Loton Park hill climb and follow the B4393 through Crew Green and Llandrinio to the A483.

If going south or east turn left out of Loton Park hill climb, turn immediately left at Princes Oak and follow the road to Half Way House, straight across the A458 on the B4387 to Westbury, and left on the B4386 to the A5. You will pass through the hamlet of Nox where I live.

Is the route south / east through nox to the A5 suitable for towing covered trailer's?

Yes, uncovered ones too. The first bit after Princes Oak up Pecknall Lane is the narrowest, you have to hope that you don't meet a tractor and trailer, but two cars could comfortably pass. After that it opens out and is to B road spec after Halfway House